LOS and Battle Setup

As a beginer with these types of games I am having trouble determining LOS.

How do most people determine their set up with regard to LOS?

It seems to be a must do right but seems very hard to do correctly. If it were for real you would have a topograghical map with contours on it giving all the info you need.

Using the LOS tool and getting down as low as you can seems to be the only way I can find so far.

Trying to determine what the ememy can see is very hard.

So far I only have the demo till the game is available so I can only practice on that. The big map with the tanks on it is quiet hard. the tanks always seem to be able to see my guns, but the guns get wiped out before they get a shot. There may be a way for spotters to help here but I have not found it yet.

If anyone has tips for determining LOS with regard to battle setup and in general I would like to know their ideas

Thanks mark

Can't offer much help here, markl. Basically I do it like you have stated, i.e. going down to view level one, skimming over the battlefield and using the LOS tool. A feature CMBO does not have is to click on some point on the battlefield and then check the LOS from that position, but you will develop some skill in determining LOS after you have some gaiming experiance under your belt.

As you are still struggling with the demo (Valley of Trouble?) you might find it useful do deploy your field gun not in a position where it has a wide LOS.

You should play hotseat against yourself.

While doing so, deliberately try every variant of terrain, elevaltions and vegetation to tell what the opponent can see. After a few sessions like that you will get a pretty good idea when the enemy can see what of your units.

I wonder what you do to the guns that they are spotted before they shoot. Tell your crews not to use that camera with the flashlight to take pictures of the oncoming tanks smile.gif

Thanks for the two replies above. I will give the hot seat idea a go, that seems a good idea.

The idea about a LOS tool that shows LOS from a spot would be a great idea. Maybe shade an area in a circle what you could see from a spot would be great. Any moders who can do that?

It would not be cheating either as this information could be easily obtained from a topographical map in real life.

Just hope the full game is available soon so I can practice on more maps.

Regards Markl