Early war tank match-ups for fun

Happy to have the occasional arcade battle using CM. Recently, a friend and I fought a TCP 12 on 12 pure armor with sov T34s vs captured T34s.

I very much like early-war clunky tanks, too. At the time I was wondering what were good matchups for early war tanks. Eg. early Pz T38 vs Sov T26? Would they match up with some ratio? (eg. 12 T38s v 16 T26s)?

You dudes will know better than me...

What about in CMAK?

Ta

Harry --

I have done some tests with early war Soviet and German tanks. The biggest problem you will encounter is the flight tendancy of Soviet early tanks. Instead of actually fighting, they will almost always go into reverse and retreat.

BT series tanks are more likely than all the other tin cans to fight. BT7 are, afterall, "medium" tanks. But, even they will tend to retreat.

If you want to have a go at it, try 38(t)'s vs. BT7s. Try roughly 2 to 1 odds favoring the Soviets. I just checked in the editor for the 38's... two version (a) and (e)... (a) carries more ammo which you will definataly need; (e) has thicker armor but less ammo.

good luck

I played a QB like this a while ago. I had T26s agaisnt Rumanian R2s (Pz38(t) iirc).

I had roughly 2-1 odds, due to the time i believe i lost.

However in game, i had taken huge losses but it had forced the Rumanian player to eat through is ammo and via a battle of attrition i had nearly killed all his tanks which would of course won me the battle ... blasted time! tongue.gif

Another one was again the same tanks, accept this time even odds.

It was a real close battle with tanks taken out on both sides. I was the Rumanians that time around and believe i was also defeated (soundly though).