Adding Units to MOD causes Script Error

While working on my mod, I occasionally open the mod in the game to see how it looks. I have started to add unit counters to the map and now when I open it in the game, I receive a script error message. When I go back to the editor and remove all of the units, the map opens within the game without any errors.....

image002kr3.th.jpg

Not sure as this is a Windows C runtime error outside of the scope of the actual code I am using. Usually a reboot resolves this type of issue but it could also be the fact that you are running the Editor and the Game at the same time and your system doesn't like that.

Just a tip, if you want to see your changes in the Editor just hit the F4 key and it should refresh the bitmaps to whatever recent editing changes you made.

Thanks Hubert for the response but so far, nothing I have tried works. I had no problem with the SC2 editor or game while doing the initial work on RCW so I'm baffled as to what the difference is..... I thought I would show one more example of the problem to see if it sheds any light on this.

The first screen is when I open the mod in the WAW game. The editor has been closed so this is the only program running.

image002ru3.th.jpg

Now if I sit there and do nothing, there is no error messages, but the moment I start scrolling and reach some of the units that I placed, the following error pops up:

image002boa4.th.jpg

I hope this might help explain the problem better. Thanks

I had something like this happen to me once during a mod creation. I never found out the exact problem but when I redid the 3d unit bitmap from scratch the problem resolved itself.

I suggest you restart with a blank sheet and redo the sprites.

All I did was begin with a blank sheet and cut and pasted one unit at a time. I tested that the game did not crash after each new bitmap (a long process) until all was completed.

Everything worked fine from then on. I still have no idea what went wrong the first time.

EDIT: I seem to remember isolating the problem to one particular sprite which I replaced completely with a different image.

Thank You Moonslayer for the info....I thought the best way to test your idea was to simply remove my modded unit sprites and replace them with the vanilla sprites. Unfortunately I am receiving the same error message even with the original sprites....I should point out that the vanilla game runs fine on my pc as I experience no crashes or errors during gameplay.

I'm going to transfer my files to my other pc tomorrow and see how that goes...

[ November 24, 2007, 08:42 PM: Message edited by: J P Wagner ]

JP Wagner,

The second error message is in fact a game error message and one that can be resolved. The likely cause of this error is that one of your sprite files is incorrect in some way. For example, it might not be the right size in terms of width and height dimensions. This can happen with old mods converted to the new WaW engine as some of the older sprite files are incompatible. I would check items such as the 'activation_sprites.bmp' and make sure they correspond in size to the newer versions of these files in WaW.

Hope this helps,

Hubert