Bug: USA Bonus Navel units

If the allies DOW spain USA gets the pacific fleet. Somehow I feel this is a bug and USA can DOW spain in the mid-late game and still get the extra naval units for free.

These bonus unit should only be given if Spain JOINS the axis powers as a minor. Not if she is DOWed (by eather side?). At least not if the Allies are the ones doing the DOW.

Iron Ranger, after thinking about this some more I am almost inclined to leave this as is since in general the DoW on Spain by the Allies is not really advantageous, i.e. could lose Gibraltar plus extra units and resources for the Axis etc., unless of course the Allies are prepared to conquer Spain with the DoW.

In the latter case then the transfer of US naval assets fromt the Pacific could be viewed as part of a paradigm shift in US combat focus.

What do you think?

Yes hard call, but look at it this way.

France see's that german is going to be tied down in Poland for 3-4 turn then winter hits (IE no gamey transfer of troops west due to 'weakened' weather). France desides that with UK aid they might take Spain, mainly as the weather is much weaker in the south. And if they dont take it well, as a bonus USA gets more ships.

DOW Spain (the old spainsh gambit). Defeat spain, nice jump in MMPs, Moral and more ships for USA. Dont get spain, well USA ships still come, axis get the Rock (95% of the time this happens anyway in high calibar games), and spain as a minor without too much of a problem.

- Tough call but if someone can figure out how to take it with early french units.. ouch

Late in the game, USA and UK are working together. Its pritty balanced so they DOW Portgul to get a supply center. Then DOW Spain, free ships and for this knock out a minor. Seams too much?

Overall however, I dont see a overwhelling reason to make a change right now. Guess I'd put this on the 'watch list' and see if someone finds a way to exploite this feature.