Game doesn't get from "Loading..." to "Calculating supply...".

When I start a new gaming session and load a save-game, the game hangs up on the "Loading..." message and never gets to the "Calculating supply" part and thus never launches the game.

I always have to reboot my compouter and then start the game up, before starting anything else.

This happens in versions 1.04 and 1.03, probably in the earlier versions too, but not 100% sure on that.

Is there a way to avoid this ?

[ September 06, 2006, 07:25 PM: Message edited by: TaoJah ]

Hi TaoJah,

I tried all the saved game files you sent, i.e. loaded them individually and they all loaded without incident. Can you still confirm that this is happening for you with regards to the saved game files in your folder?

Can you send me the specific game file that seems to be causing the issue or just let me know which specific file if you already sent it, thanks!

Hubert

They all have the same problem. I re-tried it with the 1939-9-19 game and it locked up.

Even a new game (started in 1.04) locks up now at the "Loading..." screen and never goes further. It reads the disk for a few seconds and then does nothing.

It uses 76.652k of memory when it does this, in case that helps.

Originally posted by Hubert Cater:

TaoJah, can you check to see if the permissions on your save game folders have changed?

Permissions ? On a folder ? Euh... What does that mean ?

Anyway, it doesn't matter anymore : I installed the game on another computer I got and it works there, so...

Thanks for the effort !