different language versions: multiplayer?

I tried to start a game with a friend who owns a german version of SC2 while i use the us-verson.

Problem: we cant't read our email-savegames ("file read error").

When playing against another us-version owner this error does not show up.

Aren't the german and the us version compatible?

:confused: :confused: :confused:

For any help many thanks in advance.

btw.: as far as i know we both have the 1.02 patch installed.

They should be the same, and I believe there are other games in progress without this problem. Are you emailing the .sav files or compressing them first as .zip or .rar files? Email tends to corrupt the .sav file so it's best to compress it. If that's not the problem, then Hubert will have to address the issue.

• 2 weeks later...

It could be that your are both not running v1.02 and/or the email issue Bill has described. First I would check to make sure that you are both running v1.02 by making sure it says so in the bottom right hand corner of the MAIN MENU screen and then trying to compress the files when sending back and forth for email games. Of course you will have to decompress when you receive them.

Hope this helps,

Hubert