at war or not at war, this is here the question

In a game against the ai (1939, Ai plays axis) i declared in my first turn war against norway, sweden, denmark and finland. Just to give the ai a little resource-help.

some turns later i send my russian cruisers on a cruise through the baltic (what could possobly happen after all the scandinavians are already on the axis side).

The ai felt free to attack my russian cruisers (russian war status: about 30 %) with german & finish air units. This is a bug, because russia was still not at war, and russia wasn't able to attack the axis anywhere (neither land, sea or air).

another strange thing happened several game turns later, when the axis got kicked out of russia and italy lost its african colonies to the uk.

to get some spice back into the game i declared war (after the us entry in mid-42) against every remaining neutral country (portugal, turkey, switzerland, vichy [all of them], ireland and greece. Spain joined after this on it's own the axis).

From now on the ai needed several minutes to think about it's turns (i got time to watch soccer, drink tea, learn patience), and after two more turns the game didn't came back, so i finaly used the whip, ending this game by force (task-manager).

My pc shouldn't be the problem (3 GHz CPU, 2 GB Ram, 256MB ati graphic-card, lots of free harddrive-space & new drivers everywhere installed.

There is unfortunatly no error log entry, but my experience is, that the game can't handle the activation of all possible coountries to well.