Test of v1.07 - fall of france

This might not be a bug, or even cause any problems but I did notice this 'abnormalty'.

When France falls and the allies have units in the two coastal city's they remain in allied hands, with the ports. OK. At the end of the german turn / start of the UK turn, on the axis screen, the values for the city is 5, but the ports read 10. According to Destoyer (allies) the UK screen is reading 5 (city) and 5 (port). Just a FYI, we didn't continue and I assume that they will both be 5 at the end of his turn but this might give the allies and aditional 10 MPPs for one turn.

Originally posted by Iron Ranger:

This might not be a bug, or even cause any problems but I did notice this 'abnormalty'.

When France falls and the allies have units in the two coastal city's they remain in allied hands, with the ports. OK. At the end of the german turn / start of the UK turn, on the axis screen, the values for the city is 5, but the ports read 10. According to Destoyer (allies) the UK screen is reading 5 (city) and 5 (port). Just a FYI, we didn't continue and I assume that they will both be 5 at the end of his turn but this might give the allies and aditional 10 MPPs for one turn.

I tried this last night and from what I can tell thankfully all is well ;) . It appears that once France fell the control of those resources most probably switched to UK and the strengths were still shown by the last value prior to French capitulation, i.e. ports still at 10 in your case.

What happens next (internally) is Germany/Axis collect for the resources they control and then supply is recalculated for both sides (unit supply as well as resource strength/efficiency according to the game rules). So at the beginning of the Allied turn the resources are at their proper levels 5 and 5 and correct for when the Allies collect their income at the end of their turn.

Hubert

Edit: I tried this a second time under TCP/IP and I now see what you were referring to, it does show the port on the Axis side with an incorrect value but the correct values are shown on the Allied side. It still performs the correct calculations at the right time for both sides but I'll have to double check why it posts the incorrect value for the Axis (observation) turn.

Edit: Ok figured it out, everything was fine I just forgot to have it update the screen with the new resource values, thanks!

[ April 14, 2003, 12:37 PM: Message edited by: Hubert Cater ]

Originally posted by Iron Ranger:

Side note/observation. During battles in v1.07 there seams to be a pause as the computer does the caculuations between the 'exposions'. It only is a second or two but noticable. It could be just me but its happened during several IP games with dirrerent people.

Not sure about this one, I didn't make any changes to the TCP/IP that I can remember off hand and just ran a quick test where everything appears to be normal. Might have just been hiccup, but can't say for sure. Did this ever happen with previous versions of SC?

Hubert

Could you guys describe this issue a bit more just to help me track it down. Does it happen deep into the game or randomly, is there a lot of action happening and let me know a bit about your systems as well.

Edit: When did this happen was it during your turn or when you were observing your opponents turn

Thanks!

Hubert

[ April 16, 2003, 12:11 PM: Message edited by: Hubert Cater ]

I saw a few times the "slow explosion" in every game I played... Never happen with 1.06... I only play alone against the AI, so network slowdown is not a issue in my case...

It seems to happen mainly when I have another program running with SC at the same time... For example, when I listen a music CD with Winamp...

Random slowdown in the other program or SC... Spike in the processor % usage... I can't tell...

--- Some of my tech info ---

Old 1.07beta patch...

Pentium III 450...

Windows 98...

DirectX 8.1 (4.08.01.0881)...

[ April 21, 2003, 01:30 AM: Message edited by: Minotaur ]

Background programs will probably do that once in a while, it might also be the graphics overhaul.

[Warning: Some technical jargon here ;) ] The program uses automatic memory collection and the higher res graphics could be pushing the limits of the collector on lower end systems which may cause a slight slowdown here and there.

Hubert