Battlefront is now Slitherine ×

Holding a city+having navy in its port makes the port turn axis on surrender (France)

If Allies hold Bordeaux or Brest then ofcourse both those cities and their ports stay under allied control when France surrenders.

The problem is when allies hold both a city and has a ship in its port upon french surrender. The game then turns the port to axis control as if the city control did not matter at all.

In my recent game I resupplied a cruiser by sending it in the Bordeaux sea port. When France surrendered I had troops in Bordeaux and the cruiser in that sea port. The port switched to axis control upon the surrender i.e i could not transport my ground units. I had to move them around (to reoccupy the sea port) and cost alot against germans after a french surrender. Luckily, my opponent agreed on calling this a flaw and offered me a one-turn offer to withdraw before he would attack.

Will you fix this problem?

[ February 12, 2003, 07:35 AM: Message edited by: zappsweden ]

Yes Zap has had some very consistent analysis of the game recently and my hat is off to him for this. I agree with Rambo (from another recent post) that Zapsweden would make a great beta tester for future work if he is interested, although $30/h is definitly out of my budget ;) .

I see the problem you've encountered, I'll make a note of it and if there is another patch (although at the moment not likely) it will be included, no promises just yet but thanks for pointing it out.

Hubert

[ February 12, 2003, 10:49 AM: Message edited by: Hubert Cater ]

Originally posted by Hubert Cater:

Yes Zap has had some very consistent analysis of the game recently and my hat is off to him for this. I agree with Rambo (from another recent post) that Zapsweden would make a great beta tester for future work if he is interested, although $30/h is definitly out of my budget ;) .

I see the problem you've encountered, I'll make a note of it and if there is another patch (although at the moment not likely) it will be included, no promises just yet but thanks for pointing it out.

Hubert

Hubert, if you have some job offering for me just say so smile.gif

Seriously, if u should now some ppl in the business that need testers or programmers let me know. I am currently looking for such jobs (i.e paid jobs).

Zapp --- Goto www.dice.com This is the best website for tech jobs without all the BS of the monster.com's, third party scammers, etc. If you're looking to test games, goto the specific company's website. There's lots of testing jobs for testing video games (Playstation, Nintendo, etc.) They don't pay alot, only like $8-$14/hour. Plus, it's only temp. & part-time work, not a career.

Originally posted by zappsweden:

Hubert, if you have some job offering for me just say so smile.gif

Seriously, if u should now some ppl in the business that need testers or programmers let me know. I am currently looking for such jobs (i.e paid jobs). [/QB]

Can't help much in that department unfortunatly, SC like all games here at Battlefront are really more or less labour of loves that are helped tremendously from the work of volunteer beta testers. Not much financial reward in volunteerism but often the opportunity to test and "have some say" with games such as these can be enough reward in and of itself.

This is definitly not to say that there aren't paid positions for testing, as I am sure Rambo's tips will help, just that I don't know of any at the moment. Good luck!

Hubert