Screen Resolution and Cleartype Problems (Demo)

I've just been playing around with the demo, and am having some problems with SC stripping the cleartype settings from my display. After a reboot, everything seems fine again, but going to the cleartype page alone won't fix it.

Also, upon using esc or alt-tab, my screen refuses to return to my native 1400x1050 resolution, and again a reboot is necessary.

Are these possibly demo-specific problems, or would I have the same troubles with the full version?

This is on a Dell i8000 laptop with a Geforce 4Go video card and 28.35 drivers.

TIA,

Harv

I don't really know what you mean by 'cleartype', perhaps if you can be a bit more specific I can help.

If you can specify the version number for the demo that would help as well, the version number shows up at the bottom right hand corner of the main menu screen. Also if it is using DirectX, this can be found by checking the SC.ini file and reporting what is written there.

Hubert

Hi Hubert...thanks for the quick reply.

It appears now that I may have been crying wolf, as upon starting everything up today I'm not having any more problems. I have no idea what changed from yesterday but it all seems fine now.

The only things I notice now is that if SC is minimized (Esc key) it continues to show 100% cpu usage, and if I Alt-Tab it stays open on the desktop behind whatever program I switched to (and uses 100% cpu still). A crappy screenshot showing this can be seen here.

Oh, and just FYI, the Cleartype I mentioned is like FSAA for text on LCD screens, and some info on it is here.

Thanks,

Harv

{edit} Forgot to add that the demo version I have is 1.01a.

[ August 21, 2002, 11:42 AM: Message edited by: Harv ]