How did you hear about SC?

Jim Boggs

I have done a search on this and can find no thread and I think it would be a very interesting topic, because I found out about SC totally by accident.

I was spending a lot of time at PCGR.COM reading reviews on games by gamers, and can say that it has both saved me a ton of money and brought some real jewels to my attention. In November I happened to notice a game called Combat Mission which with, I think, over 40 reviews had an overall rating of 4.98 out of 5.00. I think this is still the highest rating on the board with more than ten posts. The link provided was to Big Time Software, and I was unable to link to it. Fortunately the reviewers mentioned Battlefront.com and I was able to go here. I saw SC and the $25 price, and after trying the demo, it was a no brainer. For whatever reason Hubert's SC is not listed at PCGR.COM and I would ask one of our computer savy guys to go there and see if they can figure out how to post it there. I would certainly post a review if it were available.

P.S.-I also got the CMBO & CMBB bundle pack and for those of you here who have not tried these games, they are the standard for World War II tactical level combat. I highly recommend them.

Originally posted by Jim Boggs:

I have done a search on this and can find no thread and I think it would be a very interesting topic, because I found out about SC totally by accident.

Someone in the Gerneral forum spotted the new forum and asked what it was about... THis was a couple days before the official announcement.

Discovered the Battlefront.com site referenced in a review of CM on Gamespot. Read the information on SC, downloaded and played the the demo - became hooked!. Naturally, I ordered the game as soon as it was released. I have played a whole lot of games, and SC has got to be the best value ever!.

This is a great thread!

I accidentally found this game because of a banner on wargamers.com. Clicked that, found the demo.

If I have one real, serious, nasty gripe about this game (Hubert: are you listening to this!!!), it's that it's poorly marketed. Hubert (I know if I say his name enough, he'll read this, because he has one of those Hubert scanners), put alot of work and effort creating and designing this game, but I think the sales have been lackluster, because of the lack of marketing focus.

I can honestly say I've played about a thousand computer games, and without exception, all of them had marketing telling me how great the game was going to be. Sometimes they were right. Often I was dissappointed. Very often.

I almost missed this game. I think alot of people have missed this game, don't know about it. And that's a shame. Battlefront has a revenue maker here, and in my harsh opinion, is missing the boat. It's not just sad for them, but it's also sad for all the people out there who want to play this game, but don't know about it.

I ended up at Battlefront while checking out CM.

I tried the CM demo but decided it was not my bag (I just don't want the detail that close up really is all).

I must have been slumming a bit after that. Probably was involved in comments about CM or just came back to a site I now knew of.

Saw the demo one day by accident I guess. Downloaded the demo and thought, "hey looks like A3R".

I was not entirely sold on it for a long time (I still want to be able to stack air naval and a ground unit).

But I have the game, and it plays fine enough.

I was just fliping through the Nov PC GAMER and saw the review. The game looked alot like 3R and had a 90% reveiw value, a 'must buy' on thier list. I then downloaded the demo and have been enjoying the game for two months. For 25$ this has got to be the best value war game on the market.

I entered their model contest for the Barbarossa game. Then forgot all about it, not till much later did I learn they used some of my pictures. I started looking at the web site and found SC. I'd like to try their other games but I'll need an upgrade first. Does anyone out there have the Barbarossa game, I'd like to know how the game looks? :confused:

I was actually on the HoI forums and I saw a thread asking which was better: HoI or SC. So I read the thread and then I came over here to check out the game. I liked the look of it and I liked what people said on the "comparison" thread so I downloaded the demo and then I bought the game a couple days after.

*edit* But I still have yet to receive it :(

[ January 12, 2003, 12:32 PM: Message edited by: Canuck ]

Originally posted by Kuniworth:

Jersey;

Is it true that you told everyone about me and Rambo beeing gay??? :confused:

What the hell does this have to do with this TOPIC? You have to be one the most instigating individuals i've ever seen. Man stick to a topic. U got ISSUES then go to email.

:mad:

KUNI AND HUERISTIC:

Here's a thought, go back and edit your last two posts and remove all off-topic items.

I really think this thread can be useful to Hubert and if it gets locked down for turning into a flamefest it would show tremendous disrespect for a class guy.

No hard feelings to either-we can repair this.

Originally posted by Jim Boggs:

KUNI AND HUERISTIC:

Here's a thought, go back and edit your last two posts and remove all off-topic items.

I really think this thread can be useful to Hubert and if it gets locked down for turning into a flamefest it would show tremendous disrespect for a class guy.

No hard feelings to either-we can repair this.

How about going back and reading what posts have been edited as you can see MINE have not. And normally i would but i've seen far too much of this crap from this guy. You think he would have learned after moon locked down his batch of Topics.