Hellraiser's Allies stop Legend

Okay, enough is enough. Time for the American Yankee Legend to play Romania's Finest. We have agreed to the following:

- Best of 7

- Each game is bid out (1:5:30)

- No AA

- No landing on DOW turn against majors

[ May 22, 2005, 09:36 AM: Message edited by: jon_j_rambo ]

I came across some fun odds on the Internet when searching for the Rambo vs Hellraiser (best of 7) exhibition

Odds 4.5 for Johnny J to give up all games at/before fall of Paris? :D

Odds 2.5 that Rambo will get burned out and retire before the games are completed :D

Odds 3.0 that at leist one game will hit the 20 hour mark :D

Odds 1.25 that Zappsweden will beat the winner of this game afterwards :D (refund if the Zapp games have not been played before December 31, 2005)

[ May 14, 2005, 01:09 PM: Message edited by: zappsweden ]

October 1940 -

- France surrenders

- RN is missing a ton of ships (I'll have to check the losses), Germans only have 1-cruiser left.

- UK has Jets+1

- Two of the UK corps got headcracked in Brest & Beudeaux.

[ May 14, 2005, 01:35 PM: Message edited by: jon_j_rambo ]

-December 8, 1940 - hungary joins

-March 2, 1941 - axis capture norway and vichy; allies seize Beirut and Bergen;

-March 16, 1941 - Romania joins;

-March 30, Yugo coups; Axis dow Spain - spanish troops cut off a tank and enter france smile.gif

-very good readiness % for JJR so far;

-UK BB+3 carriers sink an italian BB near Gibraltar and cripple another one (5) - an uk BB sunk in return;

-spanish army capture Bordeaux; morrocco corps gets 'surprised' by a LF in Algiers; Madrid without defernder (killed); Yugo corps marches into Romania;

-june 22, USA prepare for war;

- Madrid taken but Spain fights on; spanish army in bordeaux sails away in an attempt to deny Spain surrendering to axis; Yugo corps capture a romanian oilfield;

-july 13 - Spain and Yugo surrendered; USA joins; UK scientists produce very good results - a lot of turns ago Jet 3 and now LR 3;

-august 13, 41 - italian corps retreat from brest to deny carrier's target practicing - nevertheless, carriers and BB reach it and continue to train; 3 UK RAF positioned to intervene should the puny german zero jet appear in France; USA developed jets 2 as well and has one unit in London; LFs pound egypt;

-

Rambo bites the bait - seeing only ships and carriers hitting brest, he moved 3 LFs + HQ in bordeaux area - the results are as expected - RAF forces intercepts and together with the carriers destroy all the german fighters+maul a HQ;

-carriers continue to train; axis troops (including tank, army) attack beirut;

-november 2, 1941 -> USSR prepares for war; allied carriers hit copenhagen corps and an uk corps land and hit the garrison down to 2; allies prepare for the invasion of Norway;

-November 16, Axis Dow USSR, Greece; Axis show Jet 1; USA has AT 1;

-december 14, 1941 - allies liberate denmark; russian transports near sweden - russian cruisers block the approaches to sweden; 2 tanks, 3 AFs and 2 armies escaped barbarossa; allies kill a corps near oslo;

- february 42, allies liberate norway - a single corps defending stockholm; russian army landed near stockholm and hit the german cruiser to 5; USA BB attacking panzer near Riga; axis dow iraq and portugal; italy shows lvl 2 GLR; german carrier in koenigsberg port hit an US BB and together with some LFs kill it smile.gif

- march 42, allies liberate sweden and spain (!) - lisbon corps takes a trip to madrid smile.gif

- april 1942, finland surrenders; USA gets AT 2; russians kill a corps and encircle 3 armies and 1 corps near odessa; HQ bought to support any possible breakthrus - heavy pieces operated near kiew to aid the forthcoming attack;

- may 42 - russians attack with 6 lvl 0 jets forcing the germans near koenigsberg area to intercept; following the retreat of axis forces near riga, russians advance; Russia lost chuikow HQ to german LR2 hitting from koenigsberg area; allies use the carriers and RAF and kill a LF near koenigsberg; 3 UK and 1 US full strength AF operate near stockholm; in southern russia, a truckload of units initiate an offensive aimed at roomania - german army killed, 2 armies and corps still encircled; usa reinforce england - no need for surprises;

- heavy fightings in koenigsberg area - 2 LFs lost and 3 red air as well smile.gif ; near kiew-odessa, cca 20 russian units take positions- 1 german army killed another down to 5;

- june 28 , 42 - axis get LR3; allies land near koenigsberg and hit the carrier from 13 down to 8; the encircled battlegroup near odessa is no more; in the same area, russians kill a tank - russian HQ retreated since LF is present down there; russian corps capture a romanian oilfield; RAF in sweden refits; italian tourists near us shores; russians refit the northern flank and prepare an assault on koenigsberg; russia gets jets 1 (they got already at 1);

- ussr place 5 AF in striking range of koenigsberg; german carrier killed in port; axis manage to stop the offensive in southern russia but koenigsberg will fall next turn (i hope); russia got AT 2 and Jets 2;

- allies land near berlin and kill a tank; us corps capture essen; koenigsberg captured; some 5 russian units trapped in romania hit a LF fron 11 to 6;

- rambo surrenders after capturing kiew;

The game was a joke- axis never had a chance against far superior allied tech...and very late france i would say smile.gif

Game #1 goes to Hellraiser

- no polish breakthru; denmark dowed;

- turn 2 - germany get LC; allied corps capture essen; RAF+carrier kill a LF - (FAF used as well) - the rest of the 2 german air got engaged for 2 turns consecutively;

-turn 3 - allies capture hamburg; poland still fights on;

- feb 4, 40 - second LF destroyed by a carrier; Poland surrendered 2 turns ago; allies still hold hamburg;

- due to a mistake (forgetting to block the passing near london port) a german cruiser kills a RAF and another hits a carrier from 8 to 5 :( ;

denmark and hamburg captured last turn;

Rambo surrenders. RAF + carrier scored huge hits - extremely good odds for allies.

Game #2 goes to Hellraiser ;)

Game #3, Rambo takes axis again ... at 255

- turn 1 - polish breakthru; denmark dow-ed; UK dows Ireland, polish occupy koenigsberg; subs are not raiding;

- turn 2 - poland surrendered with 5 units left

- November - subs sunk, a bb was hit down to 5; denmark still alive; allies hold a hex in LC after killing the occupying german corps;

- February, axis get the forest hex (5 LFs);

- March 3, axis capture the french mine - 6 LFs now ... ;

- April - allies armies kill a german army; allied fleet make contact with german baltic fleet in kiel port; axis have HT 1;

- June 16, allies kill a tank which had arrived near Paris to force Italy's joining; Allies kill irish defender;

- July 14, uk troops opp-ed to ports, allies capture ireland;

- July 14, France falls;

- August 18, axis pound brest; near Gibraltar, allied ships and carriers sink an italian cruiser and maul to 2 a BB; RAF in egypt attacks a corps in a boat;

- September 1 - Axis failed to occupy marseilles - the corps over there captures torino; french corps moved in Beirut; the 2 str. italian BB survives at str. 1 after a full str. vichy cruiser hit it :(

Game postponed. It's 5:40 am here and i am dead tired. To be continued ...

[ May 14, 2005, 07:46 PM: Message edited by: hellraiser ]

Originally posted by jon_j_rambo:

Game #2

I'm stopped by Poland & Air Defense. Al Turning had to show up with his radar, this was an ass raping. I lost 2-LF in seconds, went thru me like butter.

Rambo dude, I am watching. Here is my advice.

Game #1: You hunted Allied Navy in 1940, get Paris instead

Game #2: You lost to the 245 bid, ZAS has evolved into killer strategies when bids go that high (ZAS will often beat a failed Polish breakthrough with that high bid)

Originally posted by zappsweden:

I came across some fun odds on the Internet when searching for the Rambo vs Hellraiser (best of 7) exhibition

Odds 4.5 for Johnny J to give up all games at/before fall of Paris? :D

Odds 2.5 that Rambo will get burned out and retire before the games are completed :D

Odds 3.0 that at leist one game will hit the 20 hour mark :D

Odds 1.25 that Zappsweden will beat the winner of this game afterwards :D (refund if the Zapp games have not been played before December 31, 2005)

Seems the 4.5 odds of Rambo giving up all games prior to fall of Paris failed so all guys who put your salary on it must feel disappointed in Rambo now :D