1941 Winter Counter-Offensive Campaign

pzgndr

A brand new scenario is posted at the Games Depot at Wargamer. The German army is stretched thin on the Russian Front, a result of too much emphasis on U-boats, rockets, and other wonder-weapon research efforts and not enough on ground forces in the east. The Soviet Red Army is poised for a winter counter-offensive with newly arrived Siberian divisions. The USA has just entered the war, with a revised setup. There is increased emphasis on the North Atlantic and North Africa campaigns. Research adjustments reflect more realistic starting tech levels and capabilities for all nations by winter 1941. This scenario mod builds upon changes previously made in the 1941 Barbarossa Campaign mod. Special thanks to Dan Fenton for play testing assistance.

Details are included in the scenario description file available with the download. Some suggestions have been provided for further customizing this scenario for more challenging solo play against either the Axis or Allied AI, and sample customized scenarios are also provided at the Games Depot.

Dan had one final comment about French tech levels that came after I submitted the scenarios. French research picks up again when France is liberated, and players may want to increase French starting techs to US/UK levels since that's where they got most of their new equipment. Whether they can afford to buy anything useful before the game ends is another matter ...

This is a fun and challenging scenario. Enjoy! ;)

And so.

Another grand scenario from that great scenario Impresario... Mr Bill!

Will try it out tonight!

Mr Bill is good at game-logic, and game-reasoning.

I should know... on several occasions he "reasoned" me right out of the Mediterranean Theatre,

Even though I didn't remotely want to go! :eek:

(... well, I tried to edit the spelling of Med etc, perhaps I got it corrected now, though, really, all Life-like things truly considered... it doesn't much matter, does it?)

[ October 01, 2003, 04:28 PM: Message edited by: Immer Etwas ]