Battlefront is now Slitherine ×

YOU WON T BELIEVE THIS, AAR: Rambo vs Zappsweden i.e Clash of Titans.

zappsweden

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Barbarossa kicked off. Germany makes a descent entrance into Russia. Germany uses some tanks. Axis invade Iraq but fail to block it. Russia operate units to Iraq.

Allies attack Brest garrison and are outside the coast. Yankies on their way, still only UK units around France.

Since Axis has only 4 luftwaffe and not have taken either Spain, Iraq, Portugal or Greece, Russia decides to invest in quality units and make a stand early on (before Axis get plunder and can increase their power).

Barbarossa --- German comes in with a mix of Tanks & Infantry. I don't get all the front units, but I do get an Air Fleet in the North. German AT+1 is shown.

Iraq --- I finally got Egypt, so I decide to spice up the game, went into Iraq from the Holy Lands with 2-corps & Italian HQ. I'll be bringing those Egyptian guys over. Russians will overand some units in, hopefully lightens the load on the Gerries. Desert Storm!

France --- I have at least one LF know, UK is picking around Brest.

Next turn:

- Zuhchov is killed! After killing the Air Unit in the North, I sent a German Army on the North shore in a transport for a turn #2 landing. Who was sitting there? Mr. Zuhchov. 2-LF (LR+1) with Army (he will die) get the pleasure of killing that Communist bastard.

- Greece invaded, defender is killed, but I didn't take the hex.

March 1942 ---

- Interesting going ons in Iraq. Soviet Tank in Bagdad, 1-corp each on the oil wells. While I've got 3-corps blocking the mountain pass back to Russian. Italian Army building up with HQ in the Holy Lands.

- Greece converted

- German Armor presses North of the marsh. Soviet Tank killed, Army reduced to strength-1, dang it. Another HQ is hit twice. My attack is a spear look. He'll counter the lead units most likely.

- Allies still working the Brest area, he has the air advantage.

- Gerries show AT+2

April 1942:

Iraq holds but cut-off from Russian reinforcements. Spain neutral. Greece now Axis.

Axis try to break russian center but had to back off. Zhukov was killed early on north of Riga, landing army was not detected until AFTER Zhukov was stationed.

We have taken a break now. Russia has only lost Riga so far. In the West, Allies made a small landing, killed a few Axis units (used carriers, navy and air support) but lost the landed units (since Brest is still Axis) shortly after. Axis has an HQ west and one luftwaffe keept intercepting from the French Mountains. Losses are quite small both in the west and east currently.

Iraq still holds, Spain is neutral. Gibraltar is Allied held.

The Jet Race:

Germany L1

UK L1

USA L1

Russia secret (hiding somewhere in eastern Russia)

Germany only have 4 luftwaffe (3 in the east and 1 in France). UK, USA and Russia have 2 air fleet each. UK carriers are almost 4 star now, one is lightly damaged other 2 are full strength.

[ July 26, 2004, 07:11 AM: Message edited by: zappsweden ]

- Axis blitz thru Spain. Pull panzers out of Minsk for the job along with the LF. German units holding back at Warsaw, then, we counter attack, destroying the lead column of T-34's. There's also 3-Fighter intercept in Russia. Germans finally got to JT+2, so I figured I'd press the action.

- Italians finally got Iraq, they got the capital too! Was tired of waiting for that cash because of that surrounded Russian convoy in Bagdad.

- Allies back off Brest & are crunching on Bergen.

November 1942 ---

- Legend retakes Minsk on a fierce counter attack. Waffen SS infantry (+2) hit & prep the city for the LF to finish the job. We press this success & destory another T-34 behind Minsk. We are back on the offensive.

- LF attacks London, a very expensive sniff. Zapp has the entire Western Allied effort trashing Bergen. There's no way I'll hold Bergen.

- Portugal is looted.

- Gibralter will only last a turn or two more.

January 1943 ---

- Gibralter is seized. Now the MMPs will increase. It took me 3.5 years to get all that land after my awful start, but I got it.

- Army Group North presses 2-hexes away from Lennigrad.

- Nazis combine a Naval & Air counter attack near Finland. Russian Army, Corp, Air, & Ship destroyed.

Summer 1943 ---

- Army Group North captures Lennigrad. The Russian line in the North has been broken up, some units destroyed (about 3-4 armies/T-34's), a few lucky ones operanded out.

- Allied air is confirmed 4-star carriers, with plenty of other support.

- Axis have MMP advantage.

- Nazis also to Smolesk.

Russia just got L3 Jets!

Axis make assault on Moscow. Two luftwaffe killed!

Moscow holds.

Axis retake Finland, take Leningrad and attack in the Centre plus north. Russians move strong southern forces to the Centre to fight back near Moscow.

Siberians, where are they?

LC and Bergen became Allied a while ago.