SC PBEM LEAGUE ANNOUNCEMENT

kurt88

Is the new house rule the respond in a week one? If so, maybe it should be changed to 10 days with the warning period of 4 days (two weeks total). I know I sometimes have to go out of town on business on short notice, and while I try and inform the people I am playing, sometimes I cannot. Most of these trips are about 1 week long. Then when I get home it takes a couple days to unpack, read mail, read email, do laundry, etc, etc... So I may lose my game or worse and not even know until its too late.

With 10 and 4 days I think it would just be better. Its PBEM, so my feeling is the period of no-responsiveness should be a little longer. If I had time, I would be playing TCP.

Just my thoughts, it doesn't really matter to me. I think I'm on good terms with the administrators anyway. Expecially Curry, who's kicking my A** right now! :D

AND I've emailed quite a few people for matches and I think 3 never responded (2 for sure). I never said anything about it.

I'm not about to start tracking who responds, how many days it has been and whatnot. If they don't respond then the answer to play is no.

If you want to track this so you can remove people that stopped playing and just forgot to remove themselves from the league. I suggest you just stick to the "If inactive for 3 months you will be removed" .

Its PBEM, a simple no hassle league, I'm not taking my matches seriously myself, what I mean is the 1st 2 I played I tried 1 whacky thing in each match. I won't do this in all of them but I don't care if my record is 0-15, I'm just playing it because its fun and don't intend to start taking this game like a duty.

Thanks to Kurt for doing this. Kurt has become co-admin and is as much in charge as I am.

I think we will be flexible. The spirit of the rule is so that we dont have players who start a game, then just stop, or quit when things look bad for them. The right thing would be to post the loss if you quit the game once it has begun. It would be best for all the players to weed those players out. Or else they will be starting games with many players in the league and then simply quitting and wasting a lot of our limited gaming time.

If anyone has a better idea of how we can achieve that goal let us know. Perhaps Kurt can add his view he may be able to express himself better than I can.

Well,the purpose of this rule is NOT to push players to play in a certain frequency.If both players are fine with doing one turn per 2 weeks for example that's fine.As long as both players agree they can use and do anything they choose.

Curry and I just felt that by adding this rule it would be possible to give a player who suspect that their adversary is quitting because he made a wrong move,the chance to report this.

The admis would then just inquire why he's not responding anymore.And if this keeps happening with the same guy,we could remove him.

But Blashy is right,this league should be laid back,no hastle.And I think most people on the league will cause no problems whatsoever.

Besides if you're playing someone and he abandoned the game and you don't mind,...that's ok.We're not here to play policeman,far from it.

We just want a good sportmanship on this league and this rule will eventually weed out players without honor.

Maybe the rule should be :'In case of problems,contact the admins :D '

Maybe we should vote on it?

Thoughts?

I agree whole-heartedly with the rule. And thank you both for setting up and administrating the league. And thank you both again for being so open and listening to input. (Not just stating, "I am administartor, what I say goes" :D )

Back to the point now. The rule is good, I was just making a suggestion that maybe it be lengthened so that the total amout of time be two weeks. Thats all. Just a suggestion.

That gives the players who do one turn a week time to recover if they miss a week.

Again, you guys are doing a great job. Keep it up.

Ik dank allebei van u voor het uitstekende werk u doet.

Thanks Jordy,

Great,your Dutch was excellent smile.gif

I'm sure Curry won't object to the change from 7 days to 10.

But when you and your opponent agree (by e-mail or just in silence) to take longer,that's ok,no rule will apply.The rule is just there to make use of when YOU feel it necessery.The admins won't check (they can't) the frequency of turns.

Ik ben blij dat je ons werk apprecieert!

Good point Rannug.

Ofcourse it would be totally unjust if you were removed from the league.

I think Curry best set the inactivity period to a year or so.

PBEM takes time,and since everyone should be able to play at their own pace I think 12 months will do the trick.

I'll contact Curry about it.

What do you suggest yourself?

Just wanted to let the PBEM league know that I'm headed out of town tomorrow (Saturday morning), and should be gone until next Sunday evening- about nine days.

We're headed to the Blue Ridge for some hiking, spelunking, and book hunting (among other things). smile.gif Won't be able to play SC, however; and I won't be able to respond to challenges until I return.

LEt's talk about a time. How about 6 months. That would be that you have to complete just one game in six months.

Now remember you can take longer actually in another game (although I cant think any of us would do so) It does mean that you would have to be committed enough to play just one game in six months. When we agree on a time, I will go into the admin files and change the time from 90 days to whatever we think is best.

I talked to Curry about the terms for inactivity and the activation of the houserule.

We both feel that 6 months (inactivity) and 10 days (rule can be called upon by players) would be fair for all players.

I guess this will take effective when no one objects to it.

So if you got still some remarks,wishes or suggestions please let us know.

Sounds good to me. I'm impressed at how well you guys are running the league. You must be doing something right to get so much positive feedback and to be able to come to a conclusion to this rule that seems to keep everyone happy while at the same time keeping the arguing to an absolute minimum.