Advertise your mods here please

Ok I am basically only interested in hearing reponses to mods made for the game ie you made a campaign that is not part of the mix you get when you install the game.

I am specifically asking here, because, well, why not eh smile.gif

Sure some of us know there are lots of mods here and there, but some will NOT know eh.

So this space should be a good chance to get good exposure for your modding efforts.

Feel free to sing the praises of any mods mentioned to eh.

[ October 07, 2003, 09:24 AM: Message edited by: Les the Sarge 9-1 ]

I for one can highly recommend 'CvM's The guns of August'.Ofcourse if you're not interested in WWI,don't bother.

This scenario is very well balanced for two players.Currently I'm playing this one against Blashy and we're having a lot of fun,just check out our AAR.

Another great mod is JJ's revised 1939 scenario.He's obviously put a lot work in it.The OOB has been completely changed,lots of new units on the map from the beginning.Germany gets more naval units and the Allies look very strong in air.I only played this one against the ai and it made a whole diferent game.

Most mods can be obtained here

I'm sure by asking around a bit,lots of the players will share their creations.

Kurt

Very honored you like that 1939 MOD. I have to openly admit how much I've always liked Bill Macon's 1939 opus, mine was only to fill in a few things I thought were missing. If Zappsweden's Lend Lease idea had been known at the time I'd have incorporated it, also coloring Leningrad -- port and city -- German to simulate the Molotov Pact goods being sent to Germany, six MPPs per turn total, till Russia enters.

I'm touching it up a bit and will send the final copy to yourself and Otto's -- where I was considering withdrawing the original, but that was obviously an incorrect decision.

Once again, thanks for the encouragement, it's appreciated.

Les

Good idea for a thread, thanks for creating it.

[ October 07, 2003, 04:22 PM: Message edited by: JerseyJohn ]

I am currently playing your 1939 OOB mod JJ in a PBEM match and I'm loving it, it has a move "alive" feel to it.

Oh and the Guns of August mod is so far my favorite, just a painstaking fight. Of course this one can only be played vs. another player to simulate WW1 properly.

I'm currently working on a Rome & Attila mod tongue.gif

Blashy

Thanks, and Honored!

I never suspected anyone was playing that one but I'm very pleased it's being used. Many of it's ideas stem from the earlier 1939 scenarios by dgaad, Martinov and Bill Macon.

Looking forward to your Attila idea. CvM was also working on, and discussing an Ancient Rome theme not too long ago.

Many of us have suggested Hubert put out a Strategic War Game Creation Kit, sold as an individual product. Ideally it would be suited to anything from Ancient to modern/futuristic warfare. I'm not sure whether he said he was interested in doing so.

[ October 08, 2003, 01:17 AM: Message edited by: JerseyJohn ]

If we have mods, who do we send them too so they may be published on that site?

I have my WW2 Build up mod that is completed and I have my Rome versus Attila mod that is ready.

Both are player vs. player only mods.

I want to play with Attila vs. the Romans against someone, the hotseat playtests I've done were great.

Name : 1939 Lend Lease (by Zappsweden)

BACKGROUND:

1939 Lend Lease scenario gives UK a steady flow of MPP from US resources held by UK. The resources will convert back to USA once they enter the war. Since UK does not get a bunch of starting MPP, they are less likely to do aggressive gambits early on, instead they will be stronger in the passive Axis dominated mid-game.

NOTE:

No changes have been made to unit starting positions and unit starting values.

DEFAULT RECOMMENDED HOUSE RULE:

House Rule #1: Combining a DOW with a landing inside a major nation (USA, Russia and Italy) is not allowed on the same turn.

DEFAULT RECOMMENDED BIDDING:

Russia system i.e only Russia gets MPP. "I bid 1500" means Russia gets 1500 extra MPP to start with and OTHER COUNTRIES GET NONE.

1939 Lend Lease:

-UK owns US port, US mine and US oil well i.e 30 extra MPP per turn.

-UK Heavy Bomber technology starts at L1

-Canada starts Allied

-USA start with L2 Jets and L2 Long-range

-USA start with L4 Industrial

-Russia start with L4 industrial

[ October 10, 2003, 01:00 PM: Message edited by: zappsweden ]