Pacific Theater

MacArthur

It's been discussed many times, especially as a linked companion game.

The general consensus is that the distances would be too great -- mainly ocean. We discussed an area extending east to west from the West Coast of the U. S. to the East Coast of Africa and north to south from the Aleutians to Tasmania!

It is not merely the vastly different geographical scale that is involved.

Better by far, IMHO, to keep the screen precisely small enough that you don't have to constantly click all over a grossly extended map that is, necessarily, due to huge ocean expanses, simply... TOO large. :eek:

And besides, getting the European Theatre... JUST RIGHT, in terms of exactly and exquisitely blended game factors, such as: industry and research and supply and relative unit strengths, is the absolute primary consideration here, the way I see it.

I would much rather have the "damn-near perfected" ETO, since no-one has... QUITE done it yet.

Which is has always astonished me somewhat, since the greatest POTENTIAL, in terms of sales, would be... the WW2 grand-strategy game. Even part-time general-interest gamers could enjoy this kind of product.

Well, what have all these many fabled game-makers been DOING all these dreaming decades? Since Avalon Hill and other companies went belly-up?

But, given the great platform that has already been soundly established, if ANYONE can get it done, Hubert CAN.

It takes MORE than merely knowing WW2 statistics and OOB's and relative hex distances between Alexandria and Tobruk, it takes... a magic moxie , a delicate but determined elan.

Hubert has these, I am confident... and all who are now wringing war-gamer hands, I say this:

You WILL indeed see SC2, SOONER than later, and it will be... a charmed revelation!! :cool:

Have you ever played Hearts of Iron? Now they had everything! Global, destroyers, tanks, generals, politics, trade, and all of those! Its just it takes alot of space, (plus I get my butt wooped by the ai). Now if the creaters of Strategic Command copy Hearts of Iron, theres might be better. Anyways, I am getting off topic. Why can't we just have certain areas of the pacific? Like lets skip northern asia and only focus on the Southeas Asia? And when you want to play at open seas or fight against the Chinese, then we should have a seperate map for it?

HOI doesn't distinguish between Asia and Europe. It's just a World Map with a Global conflict. WW2 was decided in ETO... Had Russia fallen, the war was over. Had Russia had it's full might to turn on Japan the War was over for Japan...