Hubert, important questions

docd

First of all: Thanks again for the game, you know it makes so much fun!!! I would have paid also 50 $!

1. Is it possible to include an option for PBEM game that allows you to:

a) take a look after your last turn, after it has been sent to the opponent to develop strategy. I mean only looking at the situation not moving.

B) play on with current situation with computer AI, to test some possibilities.

2. I found out that reloading can create completely different coming outs of battles. There seems to be so much random in the battles?!

3. What do you think about including paratroopers? I think if subs, ships, carriers and rockets are in the game then there could be also para´s (regarding unit size).

4. What do you think about letting a unit retreat if attacked, as it is used in operational art of war?

5. What are your plans for the future development of SC?

6. Could you make the info-signs appear a bit shorter? I think they need to much time.

Thank you Hubert, and let us know your bank account to support you a bit ;)

another idea:

a mini SC on a very small map with equal forces and terrain, towns etc.

each game should be playable within 20 minutes.

full multiplayer.

Hubert, please make me happy and tell me you read my comments :eek:

First of all: Thanks again for the game, you know it makes so much fun!!! I would have paid also 50 $!
No problems!

a) Maybe, this would be something I would have to think about a bit

B) This at first does sound like a good idea, but I think that it would lead to some cheating as you would then eventually see your opponent's position and strategy through the AI, well if playing FoW

2. Yup, this is one of the reasons I included the reload counter to limit cheating a bit.

3. Paras will be considered for a future version

4. This is another maybe as well, I still prefer the idea of only allowing you to decide if a unit retreats or not considering the scale, but something to think about.

5. This is a trade secret still ;)

6. Something to think about

Thank you Hubert, and let us know your bank account to support you a bit ;)

Good one!

Hubert

Originally posted by Hubert Cater:

B) This at first does sound like a good idea, but I think that it would lead to some cheating as you would then eventually see your opponent's position and strategy through the AI, well if playing FoW

Hubert[/QB]

Firstly, thank you for considering my ideas!

Secondly: Your comment above is ok, but there is also the possibility to see the opponents units by moving own units deeply in enemy territory (in a test move). There could be an option included, which allows players to use the PBEM´s as what-if scenarios or not. I really think this would be a very interesting thing for all players, increasing the knowledge and experience of us all!

And I think it can not be so complicated for you, cause everything is already there. You only need to allow the AI to start with a given situation, that is like loading a save game. I will try to copy the PBEM into saved game folder. Let´s see.

Thank´s again, docd