Password problem?

Guest Mike

In a PBEM at the moment my files do not get password protection - I never got the option - but my opponent's ones do. (using 1.03)

Is this a bug? I can't see it being a feature!! lol

Which makes me wonder about my otehr game, which I started as teh allies & did the same.

Norse - are you reading this - do you ahve password protection on yor game files - maybe I'll pop home for lunch and check!! redface.gif

Originally posted by Mike:

Which makes me wonder about my otehr game, which I started as teh allies & did the same.

Norse - are you reading this - do you ahve password protection on yor game files - maybe I'll pop home for lunch and check!! redface.gif

Yey smile.gif

I didn't add a password for the axis, but there is a password for the allies there. ;)

My wrong, first PBEM etc., btw, where is the gamefile?? I want it ;)

Hmm....maybe it's just finger trouble - I did a wee test and had no problems with entering passwords for both sides, and it asked for them at hte right time too...oh well smile.gif

Norse - where's my turn??!

Hubert, perhaps this belongs in the Tech section, but since the topic is PBEM passwords...

What happens is this: when the pop-up box for entering your password comes up, I cannot type in the password -- when I work the keys, nothing happens, nothing appears on the sign-line.

So, I cancel the box, and try again, and NOW it accepts my password -- but, ALWAYS refuses the first time, and ALWAYS works the second time. :confused:

Used to be, I could not get the pop-up box announcing -- "use your alt-tab to close..." to work, I had to hit the "escape" key.

Now, this seems to mostly work, but the other problem persists. I am inclined to think first of gremlins, but that is hardly empirical and accepted as a post-modern rationale -- any ideas?

(... this is not critical, the games go on without interruption, just wanted to let you know about a minor quirk on my system -- 1 year old computer with ME op sys, with all the up to date components, etc, but I have had no other difficulties thus far... ) smile.gif