Soviets should get veteran armies in December 1941

killmore

Originally posted by Kuniworth:

Siberian troops should arrive when wehrmacht is closing in on Moscow, not december 1941.

Not really - they were released from their function because Stalin was sure there will be not attack on Soviet union anymore

I believe Kuniworth means that in the game those troops are released when Moscow is threatened. I'm not sure what your question is here - the timing of the release of the troops or the composition of the troops released.

[ August 19, 2002, 11:24 PM: Message edited by: Old Patch ]

Originally posted by Kuniworth:

Killmore;

Russian counteroffensive started 5 december 1941 led by the siberian troops.

Japan attacked USA 7 december 1941.

Rest my case.

Historically the Soviets brought in the Siberians once they were sure that the Japanese were not going to attack from the East. The Siberians would be be sent against the Germans regardless of how close they were to Moscow.

Richard Sorge

"Richard Sorge was born October 4th, 1895 in Azerbaijan, Russia.

After service in the German Army during World War I, Sorge earned a doctorate in political science. During his student years he became a member of the communist party. In 1924 he went to Moscow and five years later he was sent to China by the Comintern to organize a spy ring. Sorge was an able journalist and used this position as cover for his espionage activities. He built a reputation as a loyal German and joined the Nazi Party in 1933. The comintern then sent him to Japan where he joined the staff of German ambassador Eugen Ott.

On may 12th, 1941 Sorge reported to Moscow that 170 German divisions would attack along the Soviet frontier on June 20 with Moscow as the main target. The attack came on June 22nd. In August of 1941 he reported to moscow that the Japanese would strike south against Pacific targets rather than against the USSR. This enabled Stalin to transfer large numbers of Siberian troops for service in the west against the Germans.

On October 18, 1941, Sorge was arrested by the Japanese security police and eventually was executed on November 7th, 1944."

Gunslinger

Originally posted by sheepshooter:

Just as a funny side-note: There is even a street named after him in the eastern part of Germany (in a city called Jena), a little bit ridiculous naming a street after a spy...

Well, I guess the Communists were never subtle about making a point...