Quirks, odditys and things everyone should know.

I've played several newbies in the last week and thought maybe we need another list of known bugs and/or odditys. Here it go's in no special order:

1) French units sent around the Horn before the fall of france and that arive in egypt after the fall of frace will not becoume FF units. This means you can't reiforce them or put them on transports untill Paris is liberated.

2) If a capital is recaptured all hexs that don't have a 'liberation' unit on it will return to the concoring power. Specal note, any FF units in France will disband if allies take and lose Paris a second time.

3) MTs, swamp and channel hex's cost 2 APs and reduce supply by 2 for each hex.

4) Ground units attacking out of Rivers, MTs and swamp hex's are at 1/2 value.

5) Air units attacking out of MTs and swamp hex's are at half value. I suggest each person play test this as my work was some time ago, but this is what I came up with.

6) Until the fall of France you only need to keep one unit on the Russia border. But depending on when France falls this number could increase alot on the next turn. If you have a protracted battle in France make sure you get several units to the border the same turn Paris falls.

7) WAS wrong - sorry

8) Alot of people leave the Swiss alone. You don't get amy MPPs for controling the country but you do get plunder after destroying its two armys.

9) If you take England and let Manchester becoume the capital there is a bug that cause's this resouces to increase past '5' even though your not connected to a friendly capital. This means you can leave a HQ on the island and it will provide L10 supply to the defenders. This is very important to stop any couter invasion.

10) Fighers intersept out to thier Spoting range but they provide Bomber support out to their Attack range.

11) It cost's +1 AP to cross an enemy conroled river or enter a hex with 2 ZOC.

Feedback anyone?

[ May 27, 2003, 09:16 PM: Message edited by: Iron Ranger ]

#6 thing about Poland and Russian readiness isn't correct. Here is how it works.

One unit on border until Oct '40.

Then you need five (5) to ten (10) depending on number of minors that join the Axis. I put 2 units as each minor joins (Hungary, Bulgaria and Romania).

If you don't have enough units on the Russian border the Russian readiness goes up 10% a turn.

If you have too many units on the Russian border the Russian readiness will increase greater than 10% a turn.

The border can be defined as within three hexes of Russia, but that first unit has to be in a city (usually its Warsaw).

Whats really interesting is that I never knew of some of that other stuff that was mentioned.

#4 & #5 are not correct. Attacker is reduced to 50% offensive power when attacking from a river hex only, not mountains or marsh.

#8 Players leave the Swiss alone because of the adverse increase in USA war readiness. And once the USA is involved, Axis units usually have other things to do than mess with the Swiss. Although there are a few MPP's to pick up.

#9 Isn't the idea of a new capital that you don't need another friendly capital connection??

#1 is a bug. #2 & #10 are interesting points that I can include in the Strategy Guide update. Good tips!

(8) it is not nescessary to destroy the swiss armies completly. I have seen the swiss surender when i wiped out one of the 2 armies while I controled 3 of the 4 swiss hexes. The 2nd Swiss army was at strength 3 or 4.

2 Things Everyone Should Know:

Surround the enemy capital and he can't build units elsewhere. He may be able to reinforce but he can't build. (Often the key to victory against Russia is surrounding Moscow, not taking it)

Occupy all surrounding land hexes and a city based unit can't be reinforced higher than a strength of 5.

[ May 20, 2003, 02:58 PM: Message edited by: Edwin P. ]

#6 thing about Poland and Russian readiness isn't correct. Here is how it works.

As stated above this is only a problem when there is a protracted battle in France. If an experenced player goe's the LC gambit route you might not take france till Nov 1940 or later. Once France falls the 'block' on certian random events is lifted and you might have your minors joining or an Yougoslava coup to deal with. If one or both of these happen the the end of your turn (Paris has been taken) and its latter then Oct 1940 you better have both citys garisoned and a few extra units around (all need to be above the MT hexs in the south of Poland). Or the readness level will increass by 10%.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

As stated above this is only a problem when there is a protracted battle in France. If an experenced player goe's the LC gambit route you might not take france till Nov 1940 or later. Once France falls the 'block' on certian random events is lifted

The earliest one of those "Baltic" neutrals will join the Axis is Nov '40. I wasn't aware of any "block" on random events until after the fall of France. Interesting.