Minor save game bug and some suggestions

Porkbrain

Er, before I start - great game Hubert smile.gif

When saving a turn with the same name as a previous saved game the 'Overwrite existing file' message is displayed.

Clicking 'Yes' redisplays the save game box.

Clicking 'Yes' to save shows the 'Overwrite existing file' message again.

Clicking 'Yes' a second shows the Save game box, this time 'Yes' time saves the turn.

Couple of suggestions for the Load saved game screen.

The sort order is alphabetical which could be confusing when multiple saved games are in progress and you haven't used some sort of naming convention.

Also the date and time saved being displayed would help and maybe a choice of sort order for the list.

Finally, doubling clicking on an entry rather than selecting then hitting the Load button would be easier when using the touchpad on a laptop.

Er, and BTW, great demo Hubert smile.gif

I really like the demo as well. I don't have that problem with saving games... however, clicking buttons in the opening menu and the options screen for the game takes forever to register the click... very strange. One thing I'd like to suggest about saved games as well is : could we have more space to type with? There is not enough, in my opinion.

Yup this another strange one, there should be a naming convention of year-month-day but I couldn't tell you offhand why it pops the window up twice. I'll take a look.

The long delay with the button clicks is a problem with sound interruption. It seems as though on some systems the sound cannot be interupted properly, I'm looking into a fix for this.

Hubert

Hubert, to explain this one further.

The 'Overwrite y/n' message pops up twice when I change the default Date/Time stamp to put e.g. Start Barbarossa and save the turn, then make some adjustments to units etc., and save again with Start Barbarossa.

That's when the alphabetical sort order can get confusing as the next saved turn might be 'Going OK', this saved game then is listed before the 'Start Barbarossa' turn.

OK that makes sense, it will do that, I don't have it checking to see if you've already saved a game with that file name on the same turn.

As for the various sort requests etc., I'll have to see if I have time for that, most likely not since I've got a few other things that really need get done first.

Hubert