Battlefront is now Slitherine ×

Norway question:

Micheal Wittman

Read all the strategy tips, but i haven't seen

anything on this... Just starting to play "SC",

so this may be waaaaay off in the long run.

As allies, while the germans are trying to take

France, would it help to conquer Norway by sending

the canucks over with a couple of UK corps over.

Using the British Navy to support this?

CheerZ!

You can try it against another new player, here it may work and can be a lot of fun - but against a competent axis opponent this is not a good idea - except to have fun ;) (but don´t expect any more to win after this operation if you do it.. :D ).

First, your chances for success (i.e. to conquer Oslo in one turn) are not really good - even if the german navy/AFs don´t interfere - since at this point your carriers have no experience and you have only 2 of them in the north. If you can´t destroy the Oslo corps with the first strike, Axis can operate the Bergen corps and reinforce the other one, so you will not be able to conquer Oslo any more. And this gives Axis a real boost (delays Russia + USA a lot, Axis gets Norway for free and Allies loose some valuable units early in the game).

Second, even if you can conquer Norway, Axis will liberate it after France and there´s nothing Allies can do against it if Germany places enough air in Denmark or conquers Sweden first. To get 35 mpps for some turns is certainly not worth the delay of USA + Russia. And Germany gets 14 additional mpps/turn because of the allied Dow on Norway - in the long run this more than compensates the temporary 35 mpps + plunder for Allies.

Plus: The units Allies use for Norway are missing in France, so France will fall a bit earlier than normal too.

there are instances when norway is good. If the Germans are halt up in France<why not? add a fighter to the arsenal to defend France> and the Kriegsmarine is of no real threat. If the UK is very strong it will harm the Germans more than it'll harm the UK...

As it happens i'm playing my first full game, it's

Aug 1945 and for some reason I sent the U.S. to

liberate Norway. Now as strange as it seems i'm invading Cobenhagen and liberated it with 4 armies,1 HQ, 2 airfleets and 1 Tank. I have a couple of UK Battleships and 2 US Battleships supporting the Operation. I made a mistake earlier in the game by trying to land in france too soon. OUCH. I guess i was wanting to take some

heat Off Of Ivan on the Eastfront.

Playing the A.I. on Intermediate level... Love this game!!!

CheerZ!