New to the game

edge14

Greetings:

How's everyone doing today? Been reading all the forum topics past 2 days and linking to all the help sites. I have played the game a couple of times and enjoy it.

Couple of questions:

1-Play by mail:

How does play by e-mail actually work?

2-Bidding:

What's with the bidding? Why does the Allied side get extra MRP's? Is the Axis side that much more powerful in the game?

1: play the turn, save it (click done). Mail it

to your opponent and wait for the reply.

Very simple.

2: with a good player axis is very powerful. (i manage to loose even with nothing extra to the allies ;) )

Read a very good answer by Terif under the topic

Bid question.

Bidding:

In Human vs Human games it is common practice to use bonus mpps for Allies("bid") to decide who plays which side in the Fall Weiss campaign. The one with the highest bid plays Axis. With some experience Axis has a huge advantage, therefore Allies need extra mpps to even out this advantage.

The first system was a 1:1:1 system (=mpps x bid for UK,USA,Russia), i.e. if someone bids e.g. 150, then UK gets 150mpp, USA 150mpp and Russia 150mpp. This is an old (obsolete)system, but can still be used by new players.

In the meantime the most common systems are 1:8 (1xUK, 8xRussia), 1:10 (1xUK, 10xRussia) and the newest system: 1:5:20 (1xUK, 5x USA, 20x Russia).

E.g. a bid of 200 means in the 1:5:20 system: 200 mpp for UK, 1000 USA, 4000 Russia (in 1:10=200UK, 2000Russia).

The host adds the bonus mpp in the scenario editor to the fall weiss scenario, saves it under a new name and then can load it for the game.

The size of the bid highly depends on the experience of both players since axis only has an advantage when the axis player knows how to play his side and the advantage increases with the experience. Here some average values (March 2004):

-new vs new:

no bid necessary (Allies even can be in the advantage here)

-intermediate vs intermediate:

bid 200 system 1:8 or 1:10 (or ~100 in 1:5:20)

-veteran vs veteran:

bid 200 system 1:5:20

Ahh, this. Thanks. Ok, I didn't realize that the game was set up so the Axis side was so powerful. Is this bidding for the entire 1939-1945 campaign or only for certain scenarios?

Welcome to the forum, hope you decide to stay around for awhile.

I've only seen bidding used for Fall Weiss 1939 campaign, which is really the standard campaign when playing against a human opponent.

Thanks for the welcome. Another question (I'm new remember?)When does the Fall Weiss 1939 campaign end? Or maybe I am confusing this. Is the 1939 campaign the FULL 1939-1945 campaign?

[ May 21, 2004, 04:21 PM: Message edited by: edge14 ]

I recently played the 1940 game, I can tell you that the Allied player needs a healthy bid in that one also! 42 game is much more level.

Edge: Welcome. If you want to try a PBEM 39 game in as tutorial (I'll guide you around the common mistakes new players make) then email me back through the forum.

FF

Those that hate it, also likely have had less than 50% of the required sleep for two years, likely have forgotten that females are fun, probably have not bathed properly and in general have not seen the outside world sufficiently.

I have been playing SC for as long as the hard core, I have not found Jets to be so intrusive if playing independently against the AI (or anyone that insists on proper sleep and a sex life).

I have not mastered most of the annoying must use gambits, and frankly still like the game.

I am a veteran A3R player, and I endorse this game.

I also endorse proper sleep, having a proper level of contact with females, and regular bathing though hehe.

I also endorse proper sleep, having a proper level of contact with females, and regular bathing though hehe
Well Les, after you have bathed and entertained the wife for a while maybe you could find the time to send me your latest turn in our game you lazy #^~è`#.... tongue.gif;)