Need help playing Player vs Player via Internet

Night

I've been playing SC for a long time now, and some time ago I decided to start playing vs. players I found around the forum's and other places on the internet, but I could never get it to work. I brought it here and was told that because I had a cable modem, it wouldn't work. But I really really think thier must be a way to do it or else what is the point of the game having the option if not everyone can use it?

I had a problem when I switched to cable/DSL also. It came down to me using the wirless modem - seams you need to change some of the intermal settings. There is a PDF file with the game or the down loaded patches that should help you solve this problem.

I ended up getting rid of the wirless modem and went to an eathernet wired system.

Not alot of help, sorry.

Turns out our PBEM games don't even work. I'm really pissed SC doesn't come with more support for Cable users, like me and my freind both are, There has to litteraly be millions of people using cable and growing, and we can't even play a simple game? How come just because I have a faster internet connection, I can't play one of the lowest requirment games out? Looks like even though I have enjoyed playing vs the AI all these months, SC is being a waste. sad

A text file called 'TCPIP Quick How to Guide' has been included in all patches from v1.05 to v1.07 Beta and should answer most questions for you concerning your specific TCPIP issue. This file is installed with the patch and can be found in your SC installation directory.

Without knowing the specific issue you've encountered I cannot say for sure what the problem might be but I would suggest taking a look at the file and see if it might narrow it down for you. Just an FYI, SC is not limited in it's support for Cable users but rather there are some limitations in how Cable users access the internet that may limit their ability to play any online game such as SC, Combat Mission, Civilization III, whatever. I would say most of these issues are covered in the 'Quick How To Guide' with provided workarounds.

If after you read through the text and it is still not helpful, then feel free to provide me with a more detailed assessment of your problem in the Tech Support forum and I would be more than happy to help. This would be the same for your PBEM issue.

Hope this helps,

Hubert

Ok, I have patch 1.7 and have had it since it came it, I read all the read-mes with the game, but here is the problem with them, they tell you what you need to do, change the ports over and what-not, but NOT how to do it exactly. I'm not a very big computer person when it comes to tech stuff, I posted on another forum and copy-pasted what is in the how-to and asked how to do it, and got an answer. Everything seems to work ok now, but Mr. H may I suggest in your next SC game/patch or even on the site, provide more detailed instructions on how to fix the problem with cable and everything will be fine smile.gif

thanks for your quick response