Can one attach and detach units from an HQ?

Clinton

I figured that but, it dosen't seems quite right. You should be able to assign certain units to be under the command of a particular HQ. If this isn't a feature, will it be? Please someone in the know?

Thanks again,

Clinton

Anxiously awaiting this game!

On this one I kind of like the idea that we have to position our forces in such a way as to maximize the HQ-effect.

This simulates IMPERFECT command & control, since not every dispatch or order is handled precisely.

I could see a lot of entanglement and mis-steps in trying to personally pinpoint HQ control. Likely we would make mistakes in the heat of battle, just as real commanders did. smile.gif

The automatic HQ links is interesting and makes for easy play. Perhaps once we see the documentation and see how the HQ links are prioritized then maybe we can play smarter. And perhaps some future option for advanced play could permit players to change the automatic assignments.

It seems the HQ effect is binary - a unit either has a link assigned and receives the benefit or it does not. A third possibility may be to provide some reduced benefit for all other unassigned units within a HQ's range. If this could apply to a side's allies, then it may be a way to deal with that issue. For planning purposes, it would be nice to know any unit within range of a friendly HQ will at least get some benefit. Just another idea to think about. smile.gif