Problems with the Demo

vonGarvin

Hi,

This is most likely related to the required resolution of 1024x768 and a color depth of at least 16-bits for the game. A bug in the demo does not properly give you an error message letting you know that this resolution is not supported by your system and thus the crash and the DOS window. This has been fixed for the final version but in the meantime what you can do is check you 'Display' options in your 'Control Panel' and make sure that 1024x768 is supported, and if not then maybe installing the latest drivers for your video card will help.

Hope that helps,

Hubert

Hubert,

I can run the demo ok, but each time I do it rearranges the icons on my desktop. I'm assuming this is related to the 1024x768 default. It isn't a major problem, but it is annoying. Has this been mentioned/noticed before?

Regards

JonS

Yeah it will be a problem for users with custom icon settings at higher resolutions. I know that this is not the perfect solution but there are some utilities out there that save desktop layouts and can be used to restore your icon settings after exiting the game. 12ghosts is one and it is available at http://www.12ghosts.com/ghosts/sl.htm

Hope that helps,

Hubert