New Units Icon Mod

GDS_STARFURY

Ive finished my replacement graphics for the unit icons and have set them up for download. You can find them here: Star's Site

Due to it being geocities and their bandwidth restrictions, please check back if you cant download the file. Hope you enjoy it and thanks to Hubert & Co. for leaving the game open enough to mess around with it :D

GDS_STARFURY

I have some PBEMs going, will the new icons interfere with anything? If not, what would happen if I had them and my adversary didn't?

Sounds like an Ann Landers or Dear Abby letter!

Okay, I may as well go all the way --

(signed) Bewildered :rolleyes:

--- * ---

Below, The original Dear Abby with her successor and daughter -- maybe you expected a battle map! :confused:

da_portrait.jpg

[ December 09, 2002, 12:33 PM: Message edited by: JerseyJohn ]

GDS_Starfury,

Nice mod.

I've been changing things around as well including the cities, capitals, and units.

One thing I noticed is if you change the background color for the German units to a darker gray its easier to see the flashing movement indicator. With the light color its difficult to see which units are still eligible to move.

Are you working on modifiying other graphics for the game as well?

You gotta love a game that lets you get in and tweak things around. smile.gif

Fury,

An excellent job, as always, my old friend.

However, at first glance, I might agree that the background colors (particularly with the allies sharing the same color) need to be tweaked.

For one, I will agree with the previous statement that the flashing dash at the bottom of the icon is difficult to see against the lighter color.

And, secondly, although the colors of their numbers differ, the identical background makes it difficult to easily distinguish a mixed force of French, Americans and British when assembling army groups under a leader's control.

Keep up the good work. I'm looking forward to more enhancements from your workshop!

Andre.

Originally posted by GDS_STARFURY:

Ive finished my replacement graphics for the unit icons and have set them up for download. You can find them here: Star's Site

Due to it being geocities and their bandwidth restrictions, please check back if you cant download the file. Hope you enjoy it and thanks to Hubert & Co. for leaving the game open enough to mess around with it :D

Great job!

Hubert

GDS_STARFURY:

I have been trying out your new icons. At first, I didn't care for the bright red border around the Axis units. However, as with anything else that is new and startling, it takes a while to get used to them.

Now I think that they add extra zest to the appearance of the game. I also like the way that the nation-specific medals light up at the bottom when the full experience level is reached.

Just one suggestion.

I am not so much concerned with the light background as I am with the light silhouette for the icons. It is a bit difficult to tell some of them apart, especially the naval units.

If you could make the silhouettes darker, and differentiate between BBs and CAs?

Thanks again for taking the time to provide this appropriate and accomplished art-work. ;)