No open hexes in US or Canada

Canuck_para

I am playing the Axis with Fog of War on. I took the UK and Russia by 43 and decided to go after the US. When I sent my ships to the coast I saw that there were no hexes that I could land on. I guess I could smash the shore troops with ships but this does not seem fair.

Also Canada does not connect to the US. Why?

i did the same thing.. took russia in '42 (although the urals held to early-mid '43)had my way with the UK inearly 43 and headed for america in mid 43... i had 15-20 army groups 10-15 tank groups and a ton of air 10-12 airfleets and 6-8 bomber groups. along with several subs..

when i got to canada they onl had a corp took it in 2 turns... (killed it in one but had no units that could move)

i found open spaces in america 2 on top 2 on bottom and it took me till late '44 to defeat them... Several armies and tank groups died.. (woulda taken longer but i had 14 carriers and canada was a air base)

rofl

i don't think you're meant to invade them i.e. they are only staging areas for incoming troops

if you get to that point, increase the difficulty levels and fire up another game

if you're _really_ into blowing up north america and want to make sure you can get ashore, build lots of aircraft carriers smile.gif