AAR : Rambo (Axis 230:1150:4600) vs Zapp (Allies) ---> RAMBO WINS

jon_j_rambo

Huge bid, what else do you expect? No landing rule (hmmm, wonder who caused that rule?), only UK can invade Iraq from the West, those are the rules.

Rambo, Axis spotting 230:1150:4600

Zapp, Allies

[ March 09, 2004, 10:45 AM: Message edited by: jon_j_rambo ]

Early stages:

1) Poland is cracked & surrenders on turn #2.

2) Denmark taken on turn #3. (Luftwaffen near Berlin helped with Poland & Denmark).

3) Attacked Low Countries in "Lite" mode, with Luftwaffen kept at Berlin.

4) French Army destroyed in Ardennes, instead of going for the LC capital after the "Lite" did not take Brussells.

5) Ireland is not reinforced, forget spending the cash & giving Zapp free air training ground.

April 1940 ---

1) Panzers to the South. Nazis decide to break open the center of the line & exploit 2-Panzers to the South. M-Line will be evacuated for sure this turn, the French have been broken. German units should be safe from any counter attacks. He could go for my tank in the South?

2) RAF in London is forced to intercept, Zapp loves the AA-bug. They will be off my back this turn.

Allies throw in the carriers in Norway but meet luftwaffe who apparently live in Norway these days. This was a last gamble and with damaged carriers and early Paris this game -> OVER

Axis surrender. This felt like Gettysburg. I did well in the early stages, then i screwed up a bit after finally launching a "heroic" attack to break the enemy lines. Thank god that this is only a computer game then, lol. :D

Yes, the French Campaign was good for the Legend. I hadn't played in awhile, so I went back to one of my many "classic strategies"......strong Southern ground. Zapp countered in the Ardennes early & gave me the option.

Rambo returns with new computer & a win.

The Passion of the Rambo, 3:16 of course.