SUB BUG

Hueristic

Hueristic

The top left sub on canada should not be in view.

I believe it's because you are within 2 of the Canadian port and the Corp in the City also may contribute to this ability to be seen!

Anybody else agree?

Remember Hueristic that ports have Sight range also.

Hope this helps.

[ January 09, 2003, 01:38 PM: Message edited by: 82ndReady ]

Originally posted by 82ndReady:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />

Hueristic

The top left sub on canada should not be in view.

I believe it's because you are within 2 of the Canadian port and the Corp in the City also may contribute to this ability to be seen!

Anybody else agree?

Remember Hueristic that ports have Sight range also.

Hope this helps.</font>

Originally posted by Konstatin V. Kotelnikov:

Unless that corps in Canada has really, really good binoculars and can see it. Or maybe there are a shoreline spotters built into the game.

Or A family was picnicing on the atlantic shore and saw it. Then ran into town and called the RCMP. :D

lol :D

Strange... what version is this under, I just tried it with v1.06 and could not reproduce it, albeit I was using Hotseat mode with FoW. Difficult for me to tell from the picture but was there an Allied carrier in the area that had just moved or perhaps an Air Fleet or Bomber etc.?

Hubert

Originally posted by Hubert Cater:

Strange... what version is this under, I just tried it with v1.06 and could not reproduce it, albeit I was using Hotseat mode with FoW. Difficult for me to tell from the picture but was there an Allied carrier in the area that had just moved or perhaps an Air Fleet or Bomber etc.?

Hubert

Yes 1.06 Tcpip I believe the bug is in the display icon subroutine while remote player moves. As the sub disappears as soon as it becomes the allies turn. If i had a place to upload screenshots i could give a better link to this jpeg but yahoo want to charge for link referals lol. Would you like me to email u jpg? There is no unit within spotting accept the Corp which is where i would look for the bug.

I don't think that it should be a bug. Subs adjacent to enemy land should be automatically spotted. Coast-watchers, Civil Air Patrol, and picnickers all make for at least a 75% chance of being spotted. Again, remember that this is over a two-week period. A sub would have to surface many times in two-weeks and if it was within 50 miles of land, it would likely have been spotted.

"After the German surrender, one of Hitler's high-ranking naval officers

was asked why the Nazi U-boats had been withdrawn from U.S. coastal

waters early in 1943. The answer was exploded in a curt guttural: 'It

was because of those damned little red and yellow planes!"

From Robert E. Neprud's Flying Minutemen

Logan Hartke

Originally posted by Hueristic:

As the sub disappears as soon as it becomes the allies turn.

I'm confused, from the JPEG it looks to be the Allied turn.

There is no unit within spotting accept the Corp which is where i would look for the bug.
The problem is that I cannot reproduce the exact situation you have displayed there, i.e. sub in that hex with the Corps in Halifax, so question remains was there an Airfleet or Carrier that would have been within spotting range and then moved on this same turn, this might be something to mislead you into thinking it was the Corps that has spotted the sub. I only ask since I cannot tell what has happened on this turn. If you can reproduce it, i.e. with only that sub and Corps and tell me exactly how to do it, it will help me track it down.

Anyone else have this problem?

Hubert