Battlefront is now Slitherine ×

Playing the Role of the Fight Promoter

Desert Dave

All right all ready.

Time for... the... showdown... at SC corral.

No doubt that rambo is a very good player.

Results matter, talk-talk-talk doesn't very much, and he has done the Knights of Olde right by taking on... MOST challenges.

But,

The BEST in North America? :confused:

Hmmmm.... maybe. ;)

The thing is, I know of one other person (... among several others) who could very well change that fairly common SC Forum perception...

In this corner... Mr... Bill Macon!

Who has gamed in famous war-colleges and in national conventions... and, from personal experience I can vouch for the fact that he is... a very relentless and a very determined and a very formidable foe!

Therefore, I propose, and acting as a kind of unofficial and unlicensed fight promoter, without any fright wigs or pancake make-up applied, whatsoever...

A tcp-ip match between these two heavyweight CONTENDERS! :cool:

For the Champeen-ship! of the American SC World!

***Complete with detailed AAR, but of course, so that we may ALL learn new! tricks of the strategy trade, much in the way that we do from... the incomparable... SUPER-Heavy, Terrif (... in fact, I am inclined to think that he isn't even mortal, rather, a gaming Avatar come to appreciative Earth!).

Anyway,

What Say Everybody?

Rambo VS Macon,

(... who? is... Rocky and who... Dionysus, or Apollo?)

Time to strap on the old, well-oiled, well-worked leather gloves? ;)

Come one -- come all!

Enter in to the center ring!

Get yer special fight programs here!

Get yer flapjacks and cracker-jacks!

Get yer... cauliflower ears boxed in!

From... merely being in attendance! :eek:

[ July 18, 2003, 12:39 PM: Message edited by: Immer Etwas ]

*We Go now live to the Official Residence of Carl G. E. von Mannerheim, who has recently taken a leave of absense from the SC Ladder, to pursue more 'social' aspects of live*

"Mr. Mannerheim, what is your take on the coming bout between Mr. Rambo and Mr. Macon?"

Well, I have never had the honor of playing Mr. Macon, and I have only played 2 incomplete games against Mr. Rambo. But i have conversed often with a common opponent of Mr. Macon, one, 'Always Something.' He has informed me that Mr. Macon is a solid gamer.

"And What of Mr. Rambo? What are your thoughts on him?"

Well, we all know he can be a bit precosious, but i will say he is a good player.

"So, Mr. Mannerheim, Who - will - win?"

"Mr. -----------

*We Interupt this program for an important annoucement:*

cVm :D