PBEM League News..

Friendly Fire

Hi, I was thinking it would be cool to have a thread where players in the PBEM league post details about finished games, i.e. who played, what was the bid, and if anything unusual happened.

e.g. Rommel defeated Gorgon, bid 100 at 1-5:20. Axis wins by Sealion invasion, takes Manchester in 5 turns, Allies resign... Curry moves up 2 spots to #3

or whatever.

We have a lot of games going on, I think it would be nice to hear about them. I find the myleague site pretty useless except to keep track of the wins and losses...

what do you think, would that be interesting? Would it liven up the forum? If you like the idea, post your game result here as well as on the league site.

I don't agree that SC is at a low ebb. For me it's never been better, but then most of my games are mods which are quite far removed from the 1939 scenario that some people seem to be stuck on. Try something different and you might be pleasantly surprised.

• 2 weeks later...

email addresses are available on gthe league site, just click on the player.

but it is friendlyfire@fastmail.fm

I have a bunch of games on the go and in a few I am lagging with my turns as I have been quite busy, but I will be happy to play you when some of these conclude. Also, to be honest, I am getting pretty bored of the 39 cookie cutter game.

League news...

FriendlyFire (Axis) against Marti. The bid is unusual, with France and the UK getting a hefty bonus, but USR and USSR have only 1000 each. So clearly the game would be decided in France. Axis knocks off Poland in turn 2 but does not manage to take Brussels in turn 2. Eventually Brussels is taken and Germany makes a slow and steady advance towards Paris using 4 air units and an extra HQ. France falls in June despite interference from RN carriers. Norway and Sweden are taken shortly after.

Axis high command observes that a great number of Royal Navy ships are in the Med or South Atlantic. Sealion is launched in late spring 41, with no less than 10 units landing in England, supported by 4 subs and 6 air units. London is taken in 3 turns, Manchester in 4. UK falls. The USA enters as the UK falls preventing quick victory for Axis. Several turns later USSR enters and attacks the Polish frontier. After another few turns of buildup Axis punches through the Russian front line and cuts of a number of units. By late 41 Axis is making a strong push into the Motherland. Subs in the Atlantic prevent any chance rescue from the USA.

Allies surrender in November 41.