SC2 - Revolutionary Idea for Bombers

Edwin P.

Bombers seem to be an under utilized resource in SC as compared to real life.

May I suggest that

1. Each Long Range Tech advancement increase the attack range of Bombers by 2, but only increase the spotting range by 1. This would allow bombers to threaten more cities without giving the side with bombers unrealistic intelligence on enemy troop deployments.

Example:

Long Range Level 2: Bombers +4 Attack Range and +2 Spotting Range

Long Range Level 3: +6 Attack Range and +3 Spotting Range

Long Range Level 5: +10 Attack Range, +5 Spotting Range

2. The cost of producing bombers declines by 50MPP after the production of 3 bomber units, and declines by another 50MPP after the production of the 6th bomber unit.

[ July 18, 2003, 12:06 AM: Message edited by: Edwin P. ]

I like the idea. How about allowing them to attack the MPP value of cities even if their is a unit occupying it. I find it hard to believe that a Bomber could reduce an army by 2 strength points and not do any damage to the city the army is in. Maybe have the bomber reduce the city level by half of what they reduce the force in it.

As originally posted by Panzer39:

Maybe have the bomber reduce the city level by half of what they reduce the force in it.

No precision weapons then, just bombs away! and obliterate what you may, Organic or not, so... how about having it the other way around...

When you bomb a city with a unit in it, that unit suffers one-half (rounded up) of the damage that the city itself takes?

And, Air Fleets should not do much damage, if any, so you must use the improved! Strat Bomber to get any decent results. ;)

**Also like the idea of static or mobile Anti-Air unit... rather than buying protection that is mostly just concept, I would like to see a separate AA unit that can be Op moved around the board, depending on enemy concentrations (... unless if it is mobile, in which case you would have a 1 or 2 movement allowance).

Remember, our larger map and game engine in SC2 would allow more units without cluttered-up game board, true? :cool:

Bombers def. are not up to par with what they were in real life WWII. The battle of britian is a prefect example, London was bombed to all hell and huge aerial battles took place, but in SC, you can only reduce the entrenchment of the UK corps on London at the cost of some bombers around the same historical time. There should be a way to bomb the cities no matter what is going on.