My ideas for SC development

Welshwill

Decrease side and bottom menu bars, by reducing flag and font size, and use extra space to increase map area.

Allow all countries to have an MPP allocation. They will be able to raise additional unit and reinforce units without impacting on Germanys resources. I believe that this will enhance the Axis invasion of the USSR.

Increase the map area for North Africa, especially around Egypt.

Include Iceland in the map, this would allow the axis to control the North Atlantic, if they are able to seize control.

Establish a port at Lisbon and possibly include the Azores.

Hubert: Do you have any plans to develop this concept further? It would be great to see the following concepts:

Pacific War: Imagine if the Japanese had invaded the USSR, Australia, India or East Africa. Maybe even launch Operation Orient and conquer the world.

NATO v Warsaw Pact: What huge potential this could have, especially with a time frame stretching from 1945 to ? Well we could be fighting the USSR in 2010!!!!

Arab v Israel: Will the Israeli’s finally be defeated or will it end up with the US fighting the USSR?

China v Taiwan:

India v Pakistan/China:

Korean War:

I have to agree - especially on the North African part. This was always (for me) the most interesting part of the entire war. I mean, where did you see such a attack-fallback-attack-fallback kind of battle?

"Funny" thing I read about that campaign: Because of the rapidly changing front lines, German special forces (Brandenburger) and British SAS used the same supply points during the ever-changing course of battle.

Oh, and by the way: How often do you find equally gifted commanders on both sides? Auchinleck, Rommel, Alexander, Montgomery (although I still think, the Monty is overrated)

While this front was interesting (ever play Campaign for North Africa?), it's still small stuff, compared to the rest of the action.

I think the map is okay for this level game... sorry to say.

Aloid

I agree that the map goes as far south as needed, but im still think that if it had more room up north it be a better map. The main reason i say this is wouldnt it be great for the germans to seize archangel and its port. Or greta to simulate the allied northen convoys to russia, that would as more u-bout action to the game. Or maybe execute the french-anglo landings in norway following the fall of oslo? Still cant wait to play the game!

Naah, I think, the African campaign was very significant for the course of war and as such, it deserves at least a few more hexes. Have the Axis advance through Alexandria and Cairo and move on to aid the troops on the Russian front - or have the British fight to win a place from where to jump to Italy - this was not just some "nice to fight" battle (as no battle is), but there were real intersts in that theatre. Did you ever place German units and an HQ into that theatre in SC? Not? Well, why did they do it, then? Just to help out their allies with some useless troops and inexperienced commanders? ;-}

This was THE FRONT against the British (again, should I say "Tommies"? ;-} ) so it should maybe be important in SC as well.

Will buy the game anyways...

Originally posted by sheepshooter:

<snip> ...- this was not just some "nice to fight" battle (as no battle is), but there were real intersts in that theatre. ... <snip>

I agree that the front was not trivial. It diverted German attention and resources which were needed elsewhere.

However, IIRC, the strip of land that was usable to fight on was quite narrow where it counted, near Alexandria. I think it was not 100 miles, which two hexes represent (IIRC) in SC.

Anyway... let's just get the game, and have a go!

Aloid