Irish Ferries?

mcaryf

I am new to this game although enjoying it a lot. I have one small question to which I guess I know the answer. Having decided as the Allies to pop over to Ireland for a drop of Guinness and some much needed points I seem to have missed the last ferry home. Is there actually any way by which I can get my land unit back to England?

My guess is that I will just have to stay and enjoy the famous Irish hospitality!

Yep, you have to enjoy the Guinness and stay, so never send men there you don´t want to enjoy the irish drinks and landscape forever smile.gif .

In case they really can´t bear any longer to stay, they have only the choice to put an end to their lives (=disbanding)and return home in their ghost form :D .

Hi Terif

Thanks for answer it was as I expected. Before I invaded I somehow expected that Operate might work once I had Dublin. Ah well I am sure the Irish will organise a fine wake for my unit and I guess over time the points gain will be worth the loss.

VERY cool and clever thread title. smile.gif

In SC-2 there IS a port at Dublin, for one thing.

For another, IF the British player assaults that glittering emerald Isle, there is a stiff "diplomatic penalty" to pay, not only for USA (... can you imagine ALL them immigrated Irish marching in tumult through Times Square, and also real irate in marble corridors of Wash DC? :eek: )

But also, once USA has entered, there will be diplo costs for OTHER concerned Minor countries in the vicinity.

Finally, apt is the mention of "Irish resistance" by Edwin P, because now you'll have Irish PARTISAN activity should UK go ahead and choose to risk all this ire.

They can either keep a garrison there, or send it elsewhere by transport.

James Joyces' beloved Dublin would be quite liable for mayhem, and no hero argonaut Ulysses might arrive and change that plight! ;)

Hi Desert Dave

Actually I did wait until the US had joined the conflict before taking the Irish under Allied protection. I used US land forces and named one of the US naval units involved PT-109 so that the Irish would not take too great an exception.

Regards

...and named one of the US naval units involved PT-109 so that the Irish would not take too great an exception.

LOLOLOL,

Ah, mcaryf, THAT would alleviate any and ALL inter-continental objections, no doubt! :cool:

Though, it is a finicky Imp trick of timing... to have that PT-109 in both ETO and PTO, AND avoiding those sluicing & slicing RJN Destroyers!

Fair lad John was aces with me; but Bobby was the one I got out and actively campaigned for... a true and rare Irish-American treasure, we lost too soon. :(