UK strategies post France.

With Clusters

OK, first post here, so please be gentle. Also, I've been imbibing a bit, so kindly take that into consideration smile.gif

I did do a search first, regarding my question, so I'm not a complete slacker. Allright, it was a tad cursory, but then there was that imbibing thing I told you about. ;)

Anyhow, I'm still pretty rookie when it comes to the game, and I live in an inconvenient location (Asia), so I'm relegated to PBEM, but I'm cruising for some advice on how to handle the UK after the fall of France, and before Barbarossa. This is somewhat embarrassing, since I'd like to use this advice in a current game with a much more veteran player (who will totally know who I am once he reads this post, and wonder why I've been somewhat slack with my turns - a combo of alchoholism and the desire for some desperately needed ideas pretty much :D ). But while I'm asking, I might as well get some good all around general advice on the whole UK thing. If its been covered extensively before, and I failed to find it (and thus I'm wasting your time), I apologize. Consider this a chance to comment on any strategies you may have recently developed.

OK, enough rambling, here's what I'm interested in:

What can/should the UK do after the fall of France, but before Barbarossa (i.e. before the Axis becomes invincalbe) if:

1) several French units have succesfully evacuated from France propper to the UK to fight on as FF?

2) only minimal or no FF forces have manged to evacuate?

3) Sealion seems likely?

Of course, I understand a lot will depend on what UK/Canadian units have survived the French campaign, and what experience they might have (via Ireland, etc.). But any ideas regarding general strategies/crazed gambits would be appreciated!

I apologize for any spelling errors. I also over-use parenthesis. I was a liberal arts major, so what can I say? :D

Thanks again!

Read some of the AARs

What you do after France depends on what you did before France. But some basic ideas

1) Prevent Sealion

2) Look of opertunitys to train your fleet (attack areas were axis has no air fleets, use intl reports)

3) Get some chits into tech

4) Gaurd Egypt (its going to fall but you need to delay the axis somewhere, somehow)

5) Save and repair so that starting the 2-3 turns before the attack on Russia you can start hitting western eroupe hard (or the med) as Germnay will be forcused on Russia.

1- If ''luck'' tech is enabled, you invest in that like a madman, if you don't you are screwed, cause the Axis player is.

2- If tech is not part of the game, you have more options and the game is not a race to jet tech, buy a gazilion planes to win the game strat. Ok so I hate tech in SC the way it stands tongue.gif

With no tech you could have planed to stage a very strong defence of Egypt and take Iraq. You can if you manage to hold out France long enough to send troops to Egypt and planes w/ HQ. You take Ireland before hand for plunder and xp.

Or you can start an airfleet build up, even with no tech air fleets are still a big part of the game. This is normal, since WW2 control of the Air has been essential, although you need good ground troops as well... see US/Vietnam or USSR/Afghanistan.

You can also plan to take Brest and Bergen early on, if he comits to remove you from there it slows his russian advance, if he does not it gives you MPP and 2 ports to start landings once US is in.