longest held france???

TrionDelta

That's pretty good - I held it until Jan 10 once, although things pretty much fell apart by the end of November. I only did this by selling the airfleet to get a leader early. Possibly pulling out of the Maginot line earlier would have helped, though.

Hmm.

That's pretty good - I held it until Jan 10 once, although things pretty much fell apart by the end of November. I only did this by selling the airfleet to get a leader early. Possibly pulling out of the Maginot line earlier would have helped, though.

Hmm.

Guest Panzer Boxb

I'm not sure if this was discussed before, but I did an experiment to try and evac as many units as possible. I managed to save all but a handful and kept most of those by stuffing them into Allied cities which appeared to help prevent their loss with the capitulation. I find trying to hold France early on does little in the long run. Maybe it's just me. ;)

Guest Panzer Boxb

I'm not sure if this was discussed before, but I did an experiment to try and evac as many units as possible. I managed to save all but a handful and kept most of those by stuffing them into Allied cities which appeared to help prevent their loss with the capitulation. I find trying to hold France early on does little in the long run. Maybe it's just me. ;)

Ive held it the entire game. I quickly purchased a french HQ and evacuated very allied unit into france. Once usa came in i emptied her into france, and once the soviets came in, it was a moot issue; i finished the game in jan 43, default difficulty + FoW.

It wasnt easy...

The longer france is held, the harder it is for the axis to win. they are expending all of their resources trying to take france, not building barbarossa forces, not building a fleet to challenge britain. In my game, not one soviet city was captured. germany was unable to defend herself with the meager territories she had.

[ August 03, 2002, 12:50 AM: Message edited by: dasreich ]

Ive held it the entire game. I quickly purchased a french HQ and evacuated very allied unit into france. Once usa came in i emptied her into france, and once the soviets came in, it was a moot issue; i finished the game in jan 43, default difficulty + FoW.

It wasnt easy...

The longer france is held, the harder it is for the axis to win. they are expending all of their resources trying to take france, not building barbarossa forces, not building a fleet to challenge britain. In my game, not one soviet city was captured. germany was unable to defend herself with the meager territories she had.

[ August 03, 2002, 12:50 AM: Message edited by: dasreich ]