New Scenario

Panzer39

I'm looking to playtest a new scenario I designed against human opponents. The idea behind it revolves around Italy and the little Entante countries joining the allies after Germany takes Poland.

To keep it balanced Spain is set to the Axis and Norway is all but conquered. The USA is lend Leasing to the UK, France and eventually the USSR. Russia up until war is sending materials to Germany.

The unit setup is by no means historical but I think I have it balanced enough to play. German U-boats abound in the North Atlantic but the Med is secure for the Allies. The Game starts off on the Allied turn which gives the allied player a few good choices of strategy. Reinforce the Balkans, advance in Norway, Land in Spain, declare war on Iraq, save the Low countries, etc. Italy belongs to France so it makes sense to garrison some cities with UK troops prior to France falling. The USSR starts with 600 extra mpps and the USA with 250 so bidding should not be nessicary (this is why I need to play test smile.gif

All nations start out with research chits, Italy gets 1200 mpps if and when they go Axis.

If anyone is interested in trying it out, let me know.

Panzer,

Just looked at it, a fine and worthy addition to our line of Z-Plan and related ideas!

Like the alligning of the various powers, can't tell whether or not it's balanced but it looks interesting -- Germany has to crash through Northern France a.s.a.p.! Presumably, after France falls, Italy, Libya and Albania become UK, but the French units in them will disappear; they've got to be either in the UK, Egypt, Malta or Gibraltar to become Free French, which I'm sure you've known and have already taken into consideration.

Please place me second on the list after Poots -- should make for an interesting contest. ;)

Poots: I don't have ICQ but if you are still interested email me (address in profile) and I'll send you a copy.

John: Yes, the Germans need to get cracking right away since the Allies can make it hard on them if they choose to concentrate everything in the defense of France. As for the areas controlled by France, the Italians have always been known to switch sides. To keep Italy allied, the UK can station some troops in Rome and Libya, that is what those understrength corps are for smile.gif

Bill: I will send you the turn for our current game and the scenario file soon.