Axis or Allied?

Briggs

Carl Von Mannerheim, Good quote from a German trapped in stalingrad.

Well i think i shall take the shotgun approach and immeadiatley seek 3-4 pbem games with myself going Allies and Axis .I will hook striagt into it and learn as i go.

Ideally, I think it might be fun to inject a little bit of testosterone/cojones into the 1939 British and French and see if they can "Hang out the Washing on the Siegfried Line."

At least it involves taking the initiative and not simply waiting passively for the Poles and whoever else to be slaughtered.....

But then, that little "devil" character will pop up on my shoulder and I am sure that I will be restarting the game, firing up "Wir Fahren Gegen England" on the CD player, and unleashing the legions of the peace-loving Thousand Year Reich upon a hapless world.

Originally posted by Camicie Nere:

<snip>... firing up "Wir Fahren Gegen England" on the CD player, and unleashing the legions of the peace-loving Thousand Year Reich upon a hapless world.

I find Kraftwerk to be perfect for those "Panzer moments"! ;)

The more I think of it though, the Allies are the way to go... all that bombing!!! all those ships!!! more of everything!

Aloid

I'll try the Allies in 39 first. Normal difficulty level as I do not want the AI to cheat. Scorched Earth off etc, however, to give the Germans a better chance. Hmm, I don't think I will give them an experience advantage this time around because I want to see what the final AI is capable of. And maybe Russia->neutral, let's see ...

Straha

BOMBEN AUF ENGLAND!?!?!?!?!?

Mannerheim, that reset is just priceless - "Bomben" was much less known than that chart-topping smash that I namedropped. Although I understand that "Bomben" was actually unpopular with the Luftwaffe - the reason escapes me. Big ups on the reference, though - and I particularly like where they mixed the sound of an aircraft engine into the intro of the song.

Kraftwerk is nice, but I myself have Rammstein and KMFDM ready to go once I have played out my "Swingin' Sounds of the Third Reich" CD. A custom creation of yours truly, naturally!

BY THE WAY, BFC. I WANT TO ORDER THE VERDAMNT GAME NOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!