Expansion Pack Idea

Edwin P.

Many games such as Never Winter Nights and Civ3 have expansion packs (such as Play the World and Conquests) that build on the basic game engine with improvements that are more substantial than found in a typical patch.

I know that the powers that be are working on SC2, but I would certainly purchase an expansion pack if SC2 is expected in 2005 or later.

SC > SC Expansion Pack (SC Gold) > SC2

[ September 02, 2003, 10:33 PM: Message edited by: Edwin P. ]

How do you know "they" are working on SC2? Maybe "they" are, it would be nice to hear it from "them".

WW-2 Pacific for SC sure wouldn't work with this current combat system. Landing bonus bugs, supply, air combat, naval combat, etc...would all have to be redesigned.

Don't get me wrong, I hope for the best & will shell out the cash when something new is available.

Legend

Regarding GalCiv's Expansion Packs:

On Tuesday, September 16th, we will be releasing Galactic Civilizations: Expanded Universe -- the free expansion pack for Galactic Civilizations.

That evening, at 8pm EST we will be hosting a live chat ....There we'll be talking about various GalCiv issues:

Should we do a second (non-free) expansion pack for GalCiv with a Christmas 2003 release date?

A Christmas (non-free) Expansion Pack for SC would be a surprise - new techs, events, new units, new variations - improved AI - Unpredicatable AI - north sea transit hex - visible weather - improved FOW - Same Map - Same Game System

[ September 03, 2003, 10:25 AM: Message edited by: Edwin P. ]

How about the rest of North Africa and the U.S./Atlantic?

That would be a real "expansion"

Not to mention anything else you want to add in terms of units, techs, etc.

Possibly some kind of Naval HQ? Could be purchased and attached to any naval unit (except a transport) and acts the same as a land HQ. Also, HQs spec. for Air units wouldn't be a bad idea.

Ok...downsizing these ideas for a moment to something that is supposed to be in the works...when are we going to see the download for these new graphics that were incorporated into the European version of the game?... and, to those players who have seen these graphics, are they that much of an improvement either over the original or mod designs that are currently available?

Thanks Rannug! I downloaded the German demo and then copied all of the bitmap files that didn't have German words on them to my game.

The map graphics are beautiful and the unit graphics are similar to Panzer General graphics. Another nice thing is that since they are game engine 8-bit graphics, they don't mess up my 1280 desktop when I leave the 1024 sized game display. Some beautiful interface mods that I have used have that problem with their 24-bit graphics. My SC now looks like an entirely new game.