Editor Patch needed I think.

Steven

I wanted to create a game that started in early 1939 but had no one at war. I could not do this ... Should this be Patched?

I am sure things are working as designed, but it limits what can be done ... the UK, France, Germany and Poland HAVE to be at war ... this stinks in my opinion.

Originally posted by Steven:

I wanted to create a game that started in early 1939 but had no one at war. I could not do this ... Should this be Patched?

I am sure things are working as designed, but it limits what can be done ... the UK, France, Germany and Poland HAVE to be at war ... this stinks in my opinion.

Steven,

As Hubert has stated, September 1939 is the earliest the war can start and the aforementioned countries automatically start at war. Those are design decisions and cannot be changed. If you would like a more detailed answer, Hubert would be the man with the information.

well SuperTed,

When someone says the word "patch" in their topic and post you would expect that he realises that Hub would need to make that possible and not some hobo.

-BiggN

[edit] BTW, I would also like to see this done.

France and BEF decided sepertly if they should go into the war if the Axis isn't being as / that agressive would be great imho and USSR maybe going axis rather than only Allies / Neut would be great aswell.

Why can't the game start a year earlier or never finish if thats what we want?

On the never ending thing just have like Civ does / did about once the game is over do you still want to continueing playing.

I can't stress how interesting the battles can be and to be cut off mid battle and not able to continue is going to be somthing that counts against this game in the long run as it happens more and more to me.

It also means in the last few moths i'm not starting anything new now in the game as I know its all about to end so whats the point?

[ August 05, 2002, 02:21 AM: Message edited by: BiggN ]

Originally posted by BiggN:

well SuperTed,

When someone says the word "patch" in their topic and post you would expect that he realises that Hub would need to make that possible and not some hobo...

BN,

In my reply to Steven, I said that Hubert could provide a more detailed answer. There was nothing mentioned about making things possible or hobos. Please excuse my ignorance, but I really don't know what your point is here.