The Grandmaster Event: (Best of 5 games). GAME #4 Zapp (Axis) vs Terif,

zappsweden

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

May 12, 1940:

Small airbattles in LC - UK lv 0 vs Germany jets 1, but at the end of the turn UK catches up to lv 1.

3 french and 3 UK ships died a heroic death in the defence of Skandinavia. The loss of more ships wouldnĀ“t have delayed the invasion much more and they are needed against a most likely Sealion later. So allied navy retreats from Norway.

Italian corps killed in return - next turn Germany conquers LC forest. Small airbattles at Bergen + carrier training. Sweden will surrender this turn. Italian bombardements in Egypt.

Game postponed, will be continued tomorrow.

July 28, 1940:

(Last turn, Allies killed Italian corps and again took position behind the Rhine)

Sweden surrender.

One Luftwaffe intercepts UK carriers near Bergen.

Axis kill 2 units across the Rhine, but only take one of the hexes i.e LC Ardenner.

French tank is in Brussels, did not want to give a good counter spot.

Terif need a break now, we continue tomorrow.

Game currently looks balanced IMO. I need to get Paris early 1941 to be on schedule using this strategy.

Sorry, this isnĀ“t a real strategy - only suicide like your LC+Denmark DoW last game ;) . Some years ago without much bids for Allies it worked, but not nowadays.

Game continues for some hours:

August 4, 1940:

Germany conquers the hex SE of Brussel and so has 2 hexes in LC, but exposes a str 6 tank to a counterattack.

August 18, 1940:

German tank killed by french armies, again only one hex in LC german. Italian landings in Egypt, country will be soon lost to the invaders since all UK air is busy in France smile.gif .

I hava advanced with patience and force so far but now axis make first mistake.

My strength 8 tank attacks at 1-1 odds suffering max hit 8->6 and then gets countered by 2 armies.

Not good, lost some momentum, felt unbeatable in the forrest hex :(