Worst case scenarios :)

I think that my games against Rannug have seen some of my worst playing.

Not being able to take the Low Countries once he'd done the gambit on me. I was all confident when he first announced this strategy that I challenged him to a game, knowing full well what he was going to do.

He did it, and I just got my backside tanned.

We fought it to the bitter end, with Russian armies charging into Berlin. That was the only part of the game where I did well!

My attempts in our current game to launch DDay have failed miserably three times! :eek:

Bill101

I've had exactly the same experience against the Mighty Rannug of the North. I thought the whole LC Gambit idea was wrong, then received an education! I still feel it should be heavily penalized on a purely historical basis -- anyone familiar with the historical situation will know why the UK & France couldn't have done that, but as a game tactic it can be extremely effective.

The great thing about losing to Rannug is he explains everything thoroughly and improves his opponent's game even while beating him. smile.gif

Les

It's a welcome change to see someone joking about their game, I'm not the greatest player either. Hopefully you'll get others to see the basic humor of it; we're playing a game, not fighting over the last drops of fresh water on a lifeboat! :D

Hmm might actually be something worse than being beaten by me, having to actually beat me to death hehe.

Ok let's put it another way. I usually don't like quitters. So I usually don't mind playing to the bitter end.

Right up till the game says "ok stop kicking Les, he's dead now alright, what do you like kicking small animals too?"

Actually it would be a scream if Hubert could sneak something like that into SC2 smile.gif

Although, there might actually be a few that don't mind kicking small animals around here smile.gif

John wrote: "The great thing about losing to Rannug is he explains everything thoroughly and improves his opponent's game even while beating him."

That's certainly true as I've beaten the LC gambit a couple of times since.

I just need him to show me how to do DDay properly now! ;)

My worst games ever are going on at the moment against Reepicheep. We are doing a double game and I'm loosing both. Normaly I'm quite good at avoiding mistakes but in these games they are to many to count; I failed to get ANY free French, forgot to have the right garnison at the Russian border, I fail badly in any strategy I tried to carry out. He's playing good and is capably to win even if I do things right. Every time I see that he sent me his turn I get depressed.

Bill 101 knows very well how to do a D-Day but his timing has been bad. First he did it prematurly and then he waited to long. You got to hit France when the Axis are bizzy somewhere else and try to cordinate D-Day with some good Russian moves.