Round 2 SC tournament

SpitfireMarkX

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Now I'm laughing.

1) You offer to take back the default since I got a computer on vacation.

2) I beat you on the battlefield,

3) but, you win.

How many times ever have you beat me Brian? Yes, you'd like to be my Wingman. You can learn from the best, than shoot me in the back.

That's a gamey tourney!

Bless your heart, Brian.

"Some times you win, & you actually lost" ---from the movie, White Men Can't Jump.

2370.GIF

[ December 27, 2002, 12:38 AM: Message edited by: jon_j_rambo ]

Poor Brad,

He's going to wake with all this posts!

He's going to think we don't like each other!

He's going to think that, just because Rambo and I were in the middle of a game, where he couldn't take Poland as fast as he wanted too, and then just terminated the game, like he was all mad or something....

CvM: To respond to your earlier post (way back a few days, about not wanting to elimate good competition): Two things: I wouldn't have minded if You had to play him in the first round, and eliminated him. And, I am very grateful that he immolated himself and eliminated himself from the first round. It gives me a chance to show whether I am good at all (maybe).

Besides, it's all good. We're not playing for money here. We're playing for the bragging rights.

Speaking of which, and this has been alluded to, previously, the winner should get the opportunity to play (get crushed by), with AAR's, Hubert.

That would be a prize for winning for. (sorry Rambo. I just love sticking him with needles.)

Brian the kind

In a matter of 8-hours I:

1) beat Waltero

2) beat BrianTheLiar

3) & was leading Brad when he got tired.

note: Waltero plays clean ball.

Example:

The auto save is not our game? Plus I really am tired and would like to hit the hay. Would ya be interested in a game tommorow?
You guys are funny!

Here are the following excuses for disconnecting:

1) The wind is blowing outside (BrianTheLiar)

2) I've had too much to drink (BrianTheLiar)

3) I'm tired

These events occur:

1) After the Fall of France when my Allied opponent has sacrificed every British ship, plane, & army. They were "feeling happy" ---Keith Partridge, until reality hit ---> Rambo

2) They watch Rambo "domino" many minor countries with amazing ease.

3) Blitzkrieg is mowing down Russia

Captain of Team-USA

Rambo >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> The Champion!!!!!!!!

Originally posted by jon_j_rambo:

Jersey --- You want to play?

Thanks for the invite Rambo -- can't.

Very interested in a future tourney when time frees up.

Good Luck, I hope all you guys get together on ground rules, etc..

Why not rearrange the schedule a bit?

[ December 27, 2002, 01:55 AM: Message edited by: JerseyJohn ]

Rambo

Just want to clarify that the picture above landed under you're posting by chance. It was meant as a collective comment and not as one directed toward you. I'm sure you realized that but wanted to put it in writing so no one gets the wrong interpretation.

Reading through, it seems as though nobody's communicating with each other. Alternate posts keep contradicting things that came earlier. :rolleyes:

I'm sure it will work out in the end. Meanwhile

Otto's remark is right, this is the best forum going. smile.gif

[ December 27, 2002, 02:11 AM: Message edited by: JerseyJohn ]

Jersey --- No problem buddy, just get the right Nimrod. I'm a KJV kind of guy, Genesis chapter 8ish or something, after Noah's Flood & before Abram. I love the Tower of Babel picture! Nice take, rack 'em again. You've posted it twice & been racked twice.

Hey Jersey: hey you ever notice in life that people you like at first; you don't like later?

And on the reverse: people you don't like at first; you end up friends?

Kind of like you & me (on the reverse).

Why is this true? Because you lay the truth out, put the cards on the table, & people can handle it.

Rambo >>>>> The Original Crowd Favorite

[ December 27, 2002, 02:12 AM: Message edited by: jon_j_rambo ]

Rambo

Agree 100% my friend. Glad that's the way it works. Life would be too predictable any other way.

Also, knew you liked the picture from CvM's earlier forum so I figured I'd bring it back.

Good Luck.

[ December 27, 2002, 03:34 AM: Message edited by: JerseyJohn ]

Brian --- Well buddy, I've just played SC for 20-hours straight. Chalk up 3-victories to my career statistics & I'll be adding an Allied Rambo victory too. It's funny all those victories were against the people I was supposed to play in the tourney, including yourself. Enough said, we all know the story how you two-timed me after letting me in.

I have a question for you Brian: How many games have we played & how many times have you beaten me? I remember when we first met & you dissappeared from the e-mail-earth after I head-cracked you in seconds! HaHa.

Now when have the SC-ICONs coming out to see the festivities: The Otto's, The Hubert's, The Madmatt's, etc...

I want to play some Legend's of the game! I'm tired beating the kids of the Forum, the wannabees, the PBEM-reloaders, whoevers...

Brian, you've tried many strategies against me: run the FreeFrench, LowCountries gambit, Suicide the blue pieces, but nothing works! I love it when you go "beserk" & actually think you're winning because you kill a German tank & hold France to August. At what expense? All the carriers, ~6 cruisers/battleships, Egypt, & maybe Gibralter? I gave you the cure for that problem; it's called --> SeaLion. I just SeaLioned Waltero in a delayed manner (1942 !!!).

Anyhow, you got yourself into a situation by calling me out. Now, I'm calling your manhood out on the carpet. And yes, we will play mirrored games, so there is no crying about which side is easier. Hell, with the sorry Axis players I've seen, no wonder people win as the Allies in this tourney.

Rambo >>> My Name means Tourney

[ December 27, 2002, 07:18 AM: Message edited by: jon_j_rambo ]