I love SC.......3-time World Champ speaks

jon_j_rambo

Hi Guys,

Yes, Rambo 2, has withdrawn from Z-League. I'm burned out & addicted to SC. Strategic Command has taken a toll on my life. I've played this game over & over again. I was playing Zapp all weekend & my girlfriend went pyscho on me for living on the computer. She came over to my place on Saturday the same turn I got a tech advantage & yanked me from the keyboard.

I work 40+ hours on firmware (my job), golf on weekends, gamble, drink alot brew nearly every night, day-trade the stock market, try to be an Uncle to my nephews/nieces, travel for business, local friends, & play wargames...I'm busy! Who isn't? I'm taking a little break, but the Rambo Triology will return.

I plan I being back for the SC Cup & the Holidays. My computer is toast. It has more viruses than Magic Johnson. My dial-up connection is a joke, memory only 64MB, processor 466Mhz, no "good" video card, sound blaster is sorry, etc. I have a E-machines from 5-years ago!

This is my second retirement. The last retirement kepted me away for 3+ weeks (Rambo, First Blood). Rambo 2 (back to 'Nam) has proven I can beat anybody in the world. The whole Terif thing is no surprise. Terif played this game every blessed (damn) day for a whole year.

The Ryder Cup was a bummer. On a positive point, I'm proud of Team-USA!!! Comrade Trapp, Wachtmeister, Panzer39, & SirJersey you represented USA in a glorious manner! CvM & Disorder...I'm sure you had more pressing events, but please report to HQ your status.

To the Adminstrators: How does this relate to SC? Simple, I love SC & my actions prove it. I've been playing SC constantly for about a year. I recommend it to all. There is something very addictive about it. The French Campaign is excellent & sets the tone for a challenging, nearly historical game. Please consider the many posts to help SC & it's future spin off products. Far as the Kuniworth banning, I know you're looking for a Scapecoat to make an example to all. Just because you may be tired of us "old SC farts", doesn't mean you need to ban us for a "bad post". Kuniworth plays around some, but in no way deserved a bannisment. I'm not going to bother stating more, because you'll play the...he was on probation card. Whatever, the Forum has been dead for months, don't blame the regulars. There hasn't been any insults thrown at newbies. We have nothing but encouraged newbies with stats, history, strategies, & humor. I continue to get ICQ & e-mail requests to play the Legend everyday. Enough said.

Rambo, First Blood, brought competition to SC.

Rambo 2, climbed the ladder & became a Champ too.

Rambo the Triology will return when the time is right.

God Bless & praise his Son Jesus,

Rambo >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> OUT

Rambo thanks for the report.

Your thread here is directly related to SC in my mind. Because its about how a person will play the game = via E-mail or TCIP.

Most serious gamers will enjoy playing the AI but the game will only have serious lasting power if you can play against other humans. SC is a great game to play against another human.

However, I think SC is more suited for PBEM than TCIP. For one thing, burn out is less likely. You can easily manage a move or two or three moves a day without it consumming a major portion of your day. I think you end up enjoying the game more. Come on over and play some PBEM - didnt you use?

[ September 30, 2003, 07:46 AM: Message edited by: Curry ]

Rambo, Terif, et al. My hat is off to you guys for playing as much as you have. I'm surprised you didn't burn out long ago. By pushing the limits of the game and finding all those obscure nooks and crannies, you guys have helped define the game and provide useful insights.

Rambo, the best thing you can do for SC, is to go out into wargaming land and drag new blood back to the game.

I do this all the time for games I like. Never ceases to amaze me that people have often never even heard of games we thought no one could have missed.

Call it strange, but frankly SC is not known by everyone out there.

With your having played the game so often, you are in a position to know it backwards and forwards.

There are a lot of wargamers out there that are SC types, but they just don't know SC exists.

When I get jaded with a game, teaching it to new people always seems to make it interesting again.

So that's your next challenge perhaps. To go out and see how many new wargamers you can find.

Get someone to mention "I discovered SC because of some guy named Rambo".

Far as the Kuniworth banning, I know you're looking for a Scapecoat to make an example to all. Just because you may be tired of us "old SC farts", doesn't mean you need to ban us for a "bad post". Kuniworth plays around some, but in no way deserved a bannisment. I'm not going to bother stating more, because you'll play the...he was on probation card. Whatever, the Forum has been dead for months, don't blame the regulars. There hasn't been any insults thrown at newbies. We have nothing but encouraged newbies with stats, history, strategies, & humor.
A superb summary of the situation as it stands.

Have fun in Afghanistan, watch out for those Russian attack helicopters.

I just started playing and will most possibly disapear once Half-Life2 is out smile.gif .

I played in leagues in the 1st HL for 2 years, I intend to get back in the swing of things ASAP!

But I will admit that once SC2 (if ever) comes out and it involves a world scenario I'll probably be a very long time player. Considering it will have a lot of variety.