Scenario Balance Rating List (CMAK)

Here is the list of balance ratings for CMAK Scenarios that I have data for:

Scenario Balance Rating List (CMAK)

(details about how this list was obtained are in this CMBB thread )

There aren't nearly as many scenarios with enough games played as there were for the CMBB case, but it's still interesting. There are enough there to at least help you choose some likely candidates for a balanced scenario for your next game.

It's especially interesting to see Petracholi Rigdge with such a high imbalance factor. Hans's CMBB equivalent topped the CMBB balance list... I wonder if something went wrong in this one, or if there just aren't enough games played for this result to be meaningful yet?

GaJ.

[ January 28, 2005, 06:54 PM: Message edited by: GreenAsJade ]

Yes. By far the biggest difficulty in putting this data together is that the players have not been too careful when entering the scenario name into the WeBoB database.

The program that generates the list has to do fuzzy matching of all the scenario names it finds to try to recognise which ones are talking about the same scenario.

The name that it ends up using for the scenario just happens to be the first name it came across. You can see the other names that people gave the scenario on the right hand side of the table.

You can see that "Raff to the Rescue" is indeed on e of the names that people used for this scenario smile.gif

Sometimes the program gets the matching wrong, too. I think that mike8g and I have weeded most of the wrong matches out, but there may still be some there (It's kinda hard from a program to recognise that The Cematery and Cemetary are the same scenario, while Crossing the Bug is different to Crossing the Dvina).

If you spot mistakes like this, let me know!

Cheers,

GaJ.