News! News! News! House Rule #1 activated for the Z-league

zappsweden

Comments:

I have got some votes for the proposal and I have not got anyone voting against it so I decided to include House Rule #1 in the Zappleague.

IMPORTANT:

Anyone who breaks the house rule has lost the game.

House Rule #1:

Enemy transports are NOT allowed to land in Italian mainland (including African colonies)or Russia until those countries have made their first turn.

Comment:

The house rule put an end of the Axis landings in Riga and the Rome invasion. Italian gambit is still possible but the transports have to wait one turn.

Example of legal moves:

Axis declares war on Italy and attacks Italian navy+bombards Italian coast with navy and carrier+puts transports outside Rome (still in the boats). Italy responds by operating Axis units near Rome and operates some air too. Allies respond (next turn) by landind near Rome and attack it.

In this example Allies landed near Rome but not until Axis had one first Italian move so there was nothing illegal.

Example 2:

Axis DOW Russia, attacks their front, and lands near Riga, attacks it with landings and fail/succeed. AXIS LOST THE GAME. The landing was not allowed since Russia had not made their first move.

[ June 07, 2003, 11:05 AM: Message edited by: zappsweden ]

Originally posted by jon_j_rambo:

We need more houserules, better yet, lets find another game to play. SC has been played out.

I woulda voted against but i ain't been playing. But i thought the reason for the bidding system was to in effect stop the need for house rules? wierd it comes down to needing both? Kind of makes the Bidding argument Moot.

Sigh

This is a game playing WW2, not being told how we gotta play it. All these invasions, with the excuse of the allies capturing that northern Italian city (becase the Italian Navy would have picked it off) is really that ahistorical. Seriously, If 3 armies and a corps landed at Rome......... Under thousands of air craft that Rome would have lasted?