turn 4

FBH captured ...

allies play corps dumping

german army counterattacked to 4 near the elbow hex

turn 5

second army down to 4

allied fleet approaching london area

march 40

allies leave one hex empty in fron of paris - axis sneak a tank who gets 'surprised' by paris garrison (probably tried to force italy in)

allies counter and kill the tank and an army on the coast

april 40

uk BBs maul the elbow hex army down to 3

french BB scores against a LF smile.gif

May 12

allies counter and kill another army

allies forces almost pocket 5 axis units in front of paris

May 2x

Italy joins

June 23

France surrenders

ireland will be occupied the next turn

Good game from Hellraiser so far. Especially his french defence was very good...and I advanced too uncautiously :D . The loss of the 3 german units (2 armies+tank) was not necessary. Not moving the tank directly to Paris would have saved 2 of them and the last one attacked with str 4 near the Ardennes but the french corps survived at str 1 and together with 2 other units did a kamikaze attack and killed it. But after the fast advance Germany took some risks and so Hellraiser took his chance smile.gif .

France fell June 16, 1941, 3(?)UK corps escaped and the 2 french med units.

After France standard minor collecting (Skandinavia, Vichy, Spain), Egypt conquered without the use of AFs (HQ was there but after UK operated home Germany didn´t send air).

At Norway a UK battleship took an AF hit and a carrier intercepted. No other battles so far except a little battle this turn outside Brest - transport attacked by AF+airbattle.

Both sides no tech it seems, low tech game...but now Germany is approaching 10 research chits so sooner or later... ;)

unfortunately it wasn't possible for me to be online to continue the game - my internet connection was down for almost half a day :(

terif described very well what happened - france was ok for both of us (for him , quite early capturing of paris, for me , his loss of 3 heavy pieces)

the 'quiet' period was indeed quiet - very few actions - UK invested 6 chits quite fast and that meant Mony was bought a bit late and RAF was unable to play a major role; no techs so far for UK and I didn't notice techs for Axis as well.

I decided not to capture Bergen this game - no target practice for LFs in Norway. Brest garrison was wiped out pretty soon after France had fallen.

Maybe a bit too cautios game from my part.

• 1 month later...

Yep, low tech game - 10 german research chits and also no techs so far. Only Italy got an advance with its lonely chit :D .

After the battle at Brest (4 german AFs vs 3 UK + 3 carriers) everything is quiet - with Yugoslavia all minors before Barbarossa collected. Preparing for Russia...USA in the war.

November 16, 1941:

Barbarossa starts with the cutting off or destruction of all 9 border armies, both tanks and an AF. Since Germany still is at Jets 0 and LR 0 they coulnd´t reach the other 2 AFs.

9 german armies, 5 tanks and several corps enter Russia, supported by 7 AFs.

Iraq surrenders, Portugal (defender destroyed) and Greece (capital occupied) will follow next turn.

In France Axis set up a corps defence, supported by some AFs in the mountains so Allies can´t kill them.