Copyright Laws: Anybody know?

jon_j_rambo

As originally posted by Les the Sarge, 9-1:

It enters a hex, then it stops, then it starts, then it pivots once, then stops, then pivots again, then starts. Then moves three hexes and engages in a gun duel.

I would actually like to see how a computer AI would deal with me doing all that.

Most likely the hapless AI would merely throw up its atom-smashed hands and say:

"YOU! Are the Candadian Mountie on a fire-snorting, renegade Horse!

And I... just and only... the dust whirled-around by a whole Earth shearing wind.

You win!" ;)

Then again, one soon-to-come day, the AI will more closely resemble... Hurryin' Heinz Guderian ... laughing like some ever immortal Icon as he rides his fire-snorting Pz IV into heretofore unconquered Realms! :eek:

You'll just have to feed manna & wild-honey to yer faithful great Horse... while you wait.

Have you ever played Combat Mission? I have played SL and ASL in my younger days, and I thought I was pretty good tactically. Until CM came along and handed me my butt.
I've been perfectly happy with CM and don't miss SL.

Although there was one memorable game of SL where a Russian leader took fire and went berserk but his squads still passed their morale check. The only spotted German unit in his LOS was a tank on an opposing hilltop some distance away. The Russian squads watched in disbelief as this idiot went running off all by himself with nothing but his pistol ... :D